Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for both drop in stock air filters and cold air intakes. I would like to know what you are using. Information on wet verses dry cold air intakes. I'm hear to learn so teach me.
I will share what I know along the way. Please just state what type of system you are using any why you like it. I would like you to back up your opinion with facts.
Lets hear it.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I am using a modified NISMO CAI, with a True Flow Filter. My father is using the stock box (with Mod), with a drop in True Flow Filter. I like the True Flow filters because of their filtration properties (Allthough their CAI's are a little weak on the HP gains). I feel that the foam filters out the dust and dirt better, and is not much more restrictive than cotton gauze if its more restrictive at all. As far as facts go, visit the True Flow web Site, they have a video demonstration of different filter elements. Thats about as much fact that I can offer you. You can see my setup here. Hope I helped you out a little.

·
Registered
30 Posts
TRXR said:
I am using a modified NISMO CAI, with a True Flow Filter. My father is using the stock box (with Mod), with a drop in True Flow Filter. I like the True Flow filters because of their filtration properties (Allthough their CAI's are a little weak on the HP gains). I feel that the foam filters out the dust and dirt better, and is not much more restrictive than cotton gauze if its more restrictive at all. As far as facts go, visit the True Flow web Site, they have a video demonstration of different filter elements. Thats about as much fact that I can offer you. You can see my setup here. Hope I helped you out a little.
I agree with TRXR, I did the stock box mod, with the true flow drop in. the true flow does very well in filtering air with very little resrtiction, I got more low end responce and more torque, and gained a little top end too!!!! I was'nt expecting that much gain!!!!

·
Registered
546 Posts
Started out with a K&N drop in & noticed a little difference in performance with the stock airbox unmodified. Then I installed a Volant CAI which uses a oiled filter (they're next gen CAI will have a dry filter), and now I have an S&B. The filter on this puppy is second to none, IMO. It's also an oiled filter, but it flows better than any other one I've used. It has a velocity stack on the end, and I've noticed with this CAI that the truck doesn't need to "hunt" for a lower gear when going up some hills like before. It just keeps on going in 5th...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Amsoil Filter Information

I have a request. Would like to get the name and dimension for after market CAI. Want to build a cross reference to Amsoil EAAU Air Induction filter.

Here is the information on the Amsoil Air Filter:

AMSOIL Ea Air Filters (EaA)
The Absolute Best Air Filtration Available for Cars and Light Trucks.

Guaranteed for 4 Years or 100,000 miles

Absolute Efficiency
AMSOIL Ea Air Filters are the most efficient filters available to the car/light truck market. Ea Air Filters’ synthetic nanofiber media removes 5 times more dust than traditional cellulose filter media alone and 50 times more dust than wet gauze filter media. AMSOIL Ea Air Filters have a service life of 100,000 miles or four years, whichever comes first.

For additional information:
http://www.amsoil.com/filtration/index.aspx?zo=341459

The drop in Amsoil EAA filter number is EAA-104. The retail cost is $47.45 plus shipping and tax. You can PM me about wholesale pricing.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Please help me with information on the different CAIs. I want to build a cross reference chart for the Amsoil EAAU induction air filters.

Rumor as it Amsoil is going to make complete CAIs. I should find out next month at Amsoil HQ meeting.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Amsoil also sells Wix filter, Trico wiper blade and Mother car care products.

Here is the PN for cabin air filter.
04 -- 24854 Retail: $31.90 + shipping and tax Wholesale Preferred Customer: $23.90 + shipping and tax
05 -- 24854
06 -- NA
07 -- None listed

Cabin Air Filtration Product
WIX No. 24854

The cabin air filter is behind the glove box and the glove box
assembly must be removed

• Remove the two glove box assembly screws at the left and right corners under the
glove box.
• Open the glove box and remove the four retaining screws at the upper left and right
corners (it is not necessary to remove the four striker screws in the middle around
the retaining latch).
• Remove the glove box assembly from the dash.
• You can now see the cabin air filter cover – remove the retaining screw and then remove
the cabin air filter cover.
• Remove the two cabin air filters – slide the first one out, then reach in and slide the
other one to the opening and remove it.
• Slide the first new filter into position then slide it to the right, then insert the second
filter – make sure the air flow arrows are pointing downward.
• Reinstall the cover and the glove box assembly.

·
3,812 Posts
Volant Gen 3, I like the way it looks and seals to the fender opening, no adding material to bridge the gap at the fender. It sounds like my V8 S-10 (sold) with the open element filter on it.

Volent filter specs.

Total Height 9.5" Flange 1.5" H X 3.5" ID X 4" OD

Filter 8in. High, Bottom 6" OD, 4.75" OD Top

What is the biggest flat panel, H & W, do you offer. If i go to a dry filter in my Volant i may try to go with a bigger H & W filter for more air flow.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Mike... Anyway you could do a "sticky and list all the AMSOIL numbers for the Titan? You know like oil, air, cabin etc? Make it easier for us "older" folks to remember........:) BTW, I love AMSOIL products!!!!

Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts