Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
SHIFT_Track_ADDICT
5,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Looking forward to seeing it on a track vid!
might be a while i still have to get the rear axle tubes welded before i can launch on slicks.
Still have to buy slicks and skinnies for up front as well also. Already have my weld forged racing wheels :)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Damn it sounds goooood with headers! Looks like youre doing all the same mods I want to do. I love the way that Cobra Jet intake looks but not sure its worth the $1000+ it costs over the Boss. You know how much power its supposed to make over the boss 302 intake?

·
SHIFT_Track_ADDICT
5,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Damn it sounds goooood with headers! Looks like youre doing all the same mods I want to do. I love the way that Cobra Jet intake looks but not sure its worth the $1000+ it costs over the Boss. You know how much power its supposed to make over the boss 302 intake?
About 25 rwhp more than the boss with no low end tq loss, tuner has to do some cam timing tricks to accomplish this though. Hopefully I can get it close to 460-480rwhp with cobra jet mani and the rev auto 5" cai, and cobra jet oval tb. I want to do this cause IMO it looks sick with twins and cobrajet goodies

·
Registered
247 Posts
About 25 rwhp more than the boss with no low end tq loss, tuner has to do some cam timing tricks to accomplish this though. Hopefully I can get it close to 460-480rwhp with cobra jet mani and the rev auto 5" cai, and cobra jet oval tb. I want to do this cause IMO it looks sick with twins and cobrajet goodies
Wow I didn't know it would make that much more than the boss. Are you still running cats on your car? I'm putting the JLT intake and tune on this week, but after that im thinking about cat delete pipes. I know it will make it MUCH louder at WOT but im worried if it will make it louder while cruising or drone on the freeway.

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/PYP-DFM76/Pypes-Mustang-Cat-Delete-Pipes-11-14-GT-50-DFM76

·
SHIFT_Track_ADDICT
5,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
i no longer have cats on my car, Make sure you get a tune immediatly after taking off the cats though, you will need one. My car definatly sounds nice until you want it to piss people off by flooring it,lol It has a loud startup but within 10 seconds it quickly quietens down as soon as a little heat gets into the mufflers. What mufflers are you getting?
Long as you go with a AED tune he can keep your service engine light from coming on and will pass the emmissions . When I took off my cats i installed headers, and went to e-85 all at once just so i'd save money on tuning everything all at once.

·
SHIFT_Track_ADDICT
5,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Wow I didn't know it would make that much more than the boss. Are you still running cats on your car? I'm putting the JLT intake and tune on this week, but after that im thinking about cat delete pipes. I know it will make it MUCH louder at WOT but im worried if it will make it louder while cruising or drone on the freeway.

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/PYP-DFM76/Pypes-Mustang-Cat-Delete-Pipes-11-14-GT-50-DFM76
damn i just noticed ur in arlington? why dont we meet up at fuzzys taco shop sometime :)

·
Registered
247 Posts
i no longer have cats on my car, Make sure you get a tune immediatly after taking off the cats though, you will need one. My car definatly sounds nice until you want it to piss people off by flooring it,lol It has a loud startup but within 10 seconds it quickly quietens down as soon as a little heat gets into the mufflers. What mufflers are you getting?
Long as you go with a AED tune he can keep your service engine light from coming on and will pass the emmissions . When I took off my cats i installed headers, and went to e-85 all at once just so i'd save money on tuning everything all at once.
I have the Bassani Street race axle backs, resonator delete and BBK Xpipe. I love the way it sounds right now. Ill run no cats for sure once I do LT headers, im just wondering if it'd be worth it to delete them now for a little more power and sound.

Im down to meet up. Ive been wanting to get out to Ennis and make a few passes. I just need to get some slicks as this car cant hook up for s*** now with the intake and tune on the stock Pirellis.

·
SHIFT_Track_ADDICT
5,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I have the Bassani Street race axle backs, resonator delete and BBK Xpipe. I love the way it sounds right now. Ill run no cats for sure once I do LT headers, im just wondering if it'd be worth it to delete them now for a little more power and sound.

Im down to meet up. Ive been wanting to get out to Ennis and make a few passes. I just need to get some slicks as this car cant hook up for s*** now with the intake and tune on the stock Pirellis.
Bunch of the dfw5.0 members are going to Ennis to race this Friday. Pm me ur number we can meet up some time Friday as I'll be off all day

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
I have a mustang now too. Wtf lol. Mines no beast tho. 06 v6. Still got my T n still running strong

·
SHIFT_Track_ADDICT
5,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
So excited the day has finally came. I placed my order over the weekend with Hypermotive for the Armageddon twin kit /w Garrett's GTX3076R series turbos. Motiva called me to let me know it was enroute yesterday :) Will be also installing a ton of supporting mods along with this.. Fore innovations stage 4 fuel kit, ID 1300's, ATI super street damper, MMR lower billet crank sprocket, MMR oil cooler kit, ARP headstuds, Boss primary and secondary tensioners, Trickflow stage 2 valvesprings, Fluidyne radiator, 1 step coleder NGK iridium plugs, 170f reische thermostat, N2MB WOT box and last but not least a T-56 Magnum swap!!
Probably take 2 weeks for my friend and me to install it all. Will be taking lots of pics along the way.

God this beast is going to haul some major a$$

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
You're insane...keep it up!

·
SHIFT_Track_ADDICT
5,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Today my favorite "Brown Santa" from UPS brought me all the goodies from Kooks portion of the Armageddon kit. All that I'm needing now is my Garrett GTX 3076r's :) All of the hotside piping will be going to the ceramic coater for a flat black or satin black ceramic finish. will be sending the appropriate cold side piping that shows to the powdercoater..

·
SHIFT_Track_ADDICT
5,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
My Garrett GTX 3076R's arrived today.. These I selected with the .82 exhaust housing so I'd have minimal lag for the time being, once the motor is built, I'll upgrade to the 1.02 A/R exhaust housings. didnt realize just how crappy the photo was till i uploaded it :/ and the housings are already at the coating guy for powder/ceramic

·
SHIFT_Track_ADDICT
5,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Got the T-56 magnum installed yesterday with the new 26 spline clutch packs from Mcleod. heres some pics, since everyone loves pics..

·
Registered
247 Posts
Man you've been busy! I bet you love having the t56 instead of the mt82. How much power are you planning on making on the stock block?

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Your mustang is looking quite fast Toomnymods. I'm just driving a little old jeep, would love to run you in your mustang one of these days!

long time no see, lol what are you driving around these days??

Ohh here's some more mods i've done lately.. I was busy during all the christmas sales, probably scooped up another 4-5k of mods :)

I have been slacking lately and didn't take any pics of my latest "Appearance" mods So I'll include them here along with the others. These mods where done about 2 weeks ago.

1) Brembo calipers and rotors
2) CDC GT fog delete high flow upper grille
3) Roush lower grille delete high flow
4) CS foglights
5) Roush sidesplitters

Brembo Calipers and Brembo rotors

Installing the CDC Grille

Installing the Roush Lower splitter & Roush lower grille delete
What a major pain in the a$$ this was., For as much as I paid for these items this should be a direct bolt on application, not spend 5-6 hrs trimming and drilling, and fabricating this damn crud to work..

Front Shot

Roush sidesplitters

This friday I finally received the "Last Piece" of the BMR puzzle, so I decided it was time to install my plethora of parts that had been stacking up for the past 3 weeks or so.. :pepper:

Here's a ton of pics showing what was done and I thank god I had a friend to help me do this as this wasn't a job for a rookie on jackstands IMO.. having a lift made this much easier to do, and no way would've I attempted to do this without one.

Parts to be installed where:
1) ARH longtube header /w O/R X pipe ( they should just call this the "Demon coming outta hell pipe")
2) BMR K member
3) BMR tubular A-Arms
4) BMR A-Arms support brace
5) BMR radiator support chassis brace

Enjoy the pics..

ARH longtubes with ceramic coating

BMR goodies

Time to install the BMR and ARH goodies!!

Stock Collectors outta the way..

It's amazing some people can achieve over 440 rwhp on these ugly *** manifolds,lol

Swapping over the oem steering rack to the new BMR K member

ARH longtubes installed

If this don't look like the beginning of a badass racecar I dunno what does :)

Ok my first thoughts of the ARH longtubes with the O/R x-pipe along with the Borla Stinger catback was WOW!! It toally sounds like a "Pissed off Demon" bashing down the gates of hell to come wreck havoc upon earth.. Roflmwao.. Extremely loud but still refined and has absolutely the best sound I've ever heard on a mustang before in person.

Video of the first time I started the vehicle after the header install.. Camera was kinda close to the videocamera so it kinda distorted the sound a little but you can get the point it's f-in' loud!!

2014 Mustang gt first startup vid after installing ARH longtube headers with O/R x pipe - YouTube

My thoughts on the suspension was it was definatly worth the coin spent!! It handles like a dream now, no more floating in the corners, you point it and it goes! It feels soo much more tighter and less bouncy, their is absolutely no harshness involved with doing the BMR K member along with the strange adjustable struts!! (set to the street setting)
Now the only drawback is their is a tiny bit of vibration in the floorboard and steering wheel, but I could honestly care less the benefits way outweigh the tiny bit of vibration. Besides this is going to be a racecar not a Cadillac.
Stay tuned for more Boost is coming..

21 - 36 of 36 Posts