Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Not bad looking at all. I would like to see them on a Titan though. What size will you be getting.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know yet, I hate to go down a size, but there seems to be a laeger selection of tires for a 16" as opposed to a 17". But like I said, I hate to go down in size.

Check your PMs m4ck.

Thanks for all y'alls work on this forum.

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Just checked my Pm's didnt see anything.?
did I miss something.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will, it will probably be after Christmas though. I'm on that "newlywed, just moved into new house, about to finish college, paying off debt" budget.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I'm on the same budget... I look at all the money coming in and I wonder why I don't have the extra to buy the toys I want. Then I remember that I used to buy all the toys I wanted and I'm still trying to pay them off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm sure that they'd look pretty sweet but I'd stay away from them. I've got a set of 15x10 black steelies on my wrangler and they get out of round extremely easy and become nearly impossible to balance. That's one of the reasons why they are so cheap is because once they go out of round you'll need to replace them. I've had this happen twice in the past 6 months. Also, the smaller the rim the larger the your sidewall will be, meaning that you'll be more prone to sidewall tears since there will be more of it sticking out. Just a couple of my experiences. Good luck with your decision

·
Registered
870 Posts
I've had pretty good luck with a set of 15 x10 steel wheels, I've bent 2 of them, but I was able to hammer them out and get the bead to seal to atleast keep me from being stranded. The whole reason I bought the steel wheels to begin with is I cracked a forged wheel and it was cheaper to buy a set of 5 steels than it was to repair or replace that forged wheel. I will admit that the steels aren't nearly as strong, but I've abused the hell out of them and they've never left me stranded.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
NateL said:
I've had pretty good luck with a set of 15 x10 steel wheels, I've bent 2 of them, but I was able to hammer them out and get the bead to seal to atleast keep me from being stranded. The whole reason I bought the steel wheels to begin with is I cracked a forged wheel and it was cheaper to buy a set of 5 steels than it was to repair or replace that forged wheel. I will admit that the steels aren't nearly as strong, but I've abused the hell out of them and they've never left me stranded.
THAT's the PLUS to steel wheels. I had a set for my old Jeep that was just for offroading. Didn't care if they were warped or not, just so they'd seal. Can't hardly "beat" alloy wheels back into shape without breaking them.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I would first check to see if the 16's will even fit over the caliper. I have aftermarket 17's and the clearence between the rim and caliper (up front only) is only like an 1/8 inch. I think 17's are the smallest rims to fit our trucks? unless my rims inside is a little thicker due to being aluminum vs. steel, but i doubt it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts