Nissan Titan Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
I am having some of the very same issues. Maybe that's why having so much trouble getting the front end aligined. So whats the deal with these spacers from prg? Or the ford bushings?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Is this the clunk that originally was thought to be the Pro Comp suspension or the PRG coilovers, [Radflo 2.5 with external coilovers], I have been dealing with this noise since I lifted my 06 4x4 with a 6 inch pro comp lift and the radflos? I noticed the play when I assembled the lift but thought that the way they made it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
no clunk here, but I do have to chase it around sometimes and it'll pull one day and not the next. I looked under there and it looks just like the pics and I can see where it has rubbed. PRG spacer a good fix?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think I have the same problem. I took it to Nissan and they said they could not re-create the noise and they had a mechanic look underneath and found nothing wrong. The noise is irratating especially when making a right turn into a parking lot. I have an 06 with only 10,000 miles on it. I got it new Feb 06 and if they have an issue with the control arm without fixing it, I may trade and get away from Nissan. If everyone is having this problem I can't understand why they don't fix it.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Can someone give a yes or no that the clunk noise is the lower arms moving forward and backwards?:scheibe-big:

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I have a clunking noise on my truck that I'm pretty sure is the brake caliper rattling on their mounts. When I hold the brakes the clunk goes away. I still haven't had time to pull the wheels and check for sure but its definitely brake related. I had the dealer check it out and they couldn't find what was causing the noise but assured me that nothing was going to fall off. So if something does come apart I will sue nissan and the dealer for having stupid techs. But when I get a chance I will fix it myself, really makes that extended warranty worth it.
James

·
Registered
134 Posts
Has anyone tried the Derlin spacers from PRG? There have been alot of talk about them, but nobody has replied that they work. Just looking for some answers to this irritating noise.

·
Registered
547 Posts
A big thanks to greg at PRG I got the spacers and the Radflo resv pieces in the mail today. Will install when I get a chance and report back.

·
Registered
660 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Took truck to shop this morning. They called because 07 Titan had a control arm bushing issue and wanted to see if I had same problem. I needed oil change anyway. Turns out I do have same issue.

Studs for control arm bushings are poor design, much longer than actual bushing. This allows for forward movement of up to 1/2" on end of control arm. This can cause excessive tire wear and premature failure of control arm / ball joint units.

I have already replaced my control arm / ball joints on my 05. Rack bushings had the same design issue, but I replaced them with modified Ford pick up, leaf spring bushings about a year ago. It was a good fix.

Nissan knew about the issue when they called on the 07. I am gonna let the shop have truck for a few days to come up with a good solution.

Others going crazy on tire wear, alignment, pull issues may want to check this out.
Yes the control arm bushings wear out every year but reason I'm on looking is can somebody tell me with a reasonable answer why my leaf spring bushings have to be replaced every year 07 titan every year. Going to try solid ones from 4wheeldriveparts?
I noticed there is gap on the top arms and bottom arms. So is the best option to just get the donuts or delvrin bushings from PRG?
I saw on Amazon that when you get lower a arm bolts you have to replace the inner sleeve in the bushing they sell them now what since does that make

41 - 51 of 51 Posts