Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called a buddy of mine, whos father works at the Dana corp. to see what ta heck we have under our trucks.

He said that our diffs are "Based" on the 44 series but are not a Dana 44. As a matter of fact these diffs are Nissan specific, which means there will be no interchanging ring gears or adding limited slip chunks to them from a Dana 44. According to him our diffs have unique sized chunks along with input shafts.

This of course is not what I wanted to hear but that's the scoop. Just thought I would let you all know... :cry:

·
Registered
791 Posts
JetTech said:
I called a buddy of mine, whos father works at the Dana corp. to see what ta heck we have under our trucks.

He said that our diffs are "Based" on the 44 series but are not a Dana 44. As a matter of fact these diffs are Nissan specific, which means there will be no interchanging ring gears or adding limited slip chunks to them from a Dana 44. According to him our diffs have unique sized chunks along with input shafts.

This of course is not what I wanted to hear but that's the scoop. Just thought I would let you all know... :cry:
Did he happen to mention any personal feelings on the Titan diff? Like whether or not it is as strong as a Dana 44, Stronger or Weaker???

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He didn't mention any design specifics at all and probably didn't have that information available. At the plant he works at they make the spider gears for the diffs, all the other parts are made elsewhere. They all are sent to Columbia, SC where the final assembly takes place. He recommended I call the Dana Tech line, inform them that I am a certified mechanic, and see what kind of information I can get out of them. I'll see what else I can find out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts