Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!!!!!!!!

After finding this board and reading for 3 or so days I'm finally to register and post, (Much Thanks to BiXLL & M4TK!!!)

I was going for Dodge but they weren't cooperating, wanted to drive the Titan. When I did I was pretty sure this was the truck, and glad I hadn't made it too far with other negotiations. No Knocks on Dodge here, they are great trucks and have their beauties as well as problems, just like most vehicles.

Yea Yea Yea the Titan Rocks. Please excuse my enthusiasm. I found a super dealership, about 45 miles from home, but worth it. The one close by was just giving me the jerk around. So now I have one more excuse to drive my truck for service!!!

Still getting used to the differences. Don't want to jump into any performance mods just yet (I can only resist for so long ), but 1st things 1st.

I already put nerfbars on, ventvisors, bugshield (1st one but this truck is special). I'm in a hurry for door mouldings and going to look around for the best. (XE, no door trim) It's a silver truck and any trim I add will be matte black or smoke

Few mods I'll be looking into:

-operating foglamps independent of headlamps

-can I please dim the radio when I'm parked? I like my privacy sometimes

-looks like there may be a spot to hook side blinkers into the wraparound amber lens on the nose, right now only has blinkers front and back. Might be a nice touch.

-maybe a strange one here but I'm going to check into removing all emblems if possible. Offroad stickers, 5.6, Titan. The Titan emblems front/rear would probably have to be replaced with something else. All this for a blacked out look. I'm having trouble picturing it tho'

Thanks for reading my longwinded post, they should get shorter in time :D

This really is a nice site, great info, very specific of course, and great people. I'm really glad I stumbled across this group!!!

I'm gonna go out and maybe drive a little now :wink:

Chief

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Glad to see you made it Chief! Sounds like you have some really good ideas with what you want to do. I don't think we have anybody here that has removed every piece of bling, it will be interesting to see your mods in progress. Keep on posting, and keep us informed!

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Welcome aboard, Chief!!

You've got some good ideas about your mods. I'll try to get a picture up of a silver XE with ALL the emblems removed to give you an idea of how it will look.

Not at home right now, so it will be in a few hours.

Enjoy the site!

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the Welcome Folks, Good to be On!!!

There is a custom shop within a mile of me, I stopped in to see what he had. We were mostly just yakkin'. I'd like to go with as wide a side-molding as possible for protection, but it's a tough call because it seems like too wide gets a little ugly.

Maybe if I take a pic of my truck and up onto the computer Like you were mentioning I'd have a starting point. The factory moldings do look nice and aren't out of the question.

So he asks me how it runs and that's all it took. I tried to coax him into driving but he said uh-uh. Maybe he's smarter than me.

I could tell this guy is seasoned, but he still grinned when I put it down :D Yea Yea Yea I know it was faster than he figured. Ya know, sometimes I feel strange like I'm letting out a well kept secret. It's so sweet having this beautiful monster that hardly anyone else around here owns, and I have a strong feeling it won't be that way for too long.

In a few days he'll have more literature and is willing to order a few which is cool. I just want something that looks good and gives good protection.

Chief

1 - 5 of 5 Posts