Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
SHIFT_chicks-rule!
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put one of fender flares on to try to get an idea of what they would look like if I don't paint em. What do yal think?? Leave em black or paint em white????

Attachments

·
Registered
791 Posts
I say leave em black! You'll spend a pretty penny getting them painted and the first scratch you get will ruin the feel. I'm also not convinced you can add enough flex agent to the paint to be successful long term. My Vote: Black. - - BTW, do they still run the Midnight Drags there at the Tulsa Dragway? I had some good times at that strip back in the mid-nineties . . .

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'm not sure if I like it black, Thats the reason I haven't put them on my truck yet. I think I would like them white. How about a picture at a longer distance so we can see the bigger picture. Understanding the back isn't on, but a wider view may help. I do have to agree that once they are painted any ding will show up and I'm not sure what the cost is to have them painted.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I think it would look better painted white but, then agian they look damn good just black in that pic. Hell I don't know flip a coin. :D

·
Go fast tester
11,912 Posts
Hopefully we will get to a point where someone will have them made in the color we want. I like them painted personally but that's just my preference. Also....since I don't have a lock box...bushwacker don't make them for my truck yet. Also have to watch one thing......05 badging is different then 04 so it wouldn't need to be cut out for the V8 Endurance badge.

I want some bad...but they have to be Radiant Silver or I wouldn't like them. And I have no clue what they would charge me to paint them.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I say definetly leave 'em black. The biggest problem with painting them will be that you'll still have a black line from the rubber strip. I originally thought I wanted to paint mine too, but when I put one against the truck the contrast was far better than painting them to match. At least that's my opinion. :) And I think the black and white contrast looks awesome! I've always loved white cars with dark tinted windows and white wheels. But either way, now you need a leveling kit to finish it off. :)

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
BiXLL said:
I LOVE them black on the white! I had a white truck with black flares, always looked good!
On second thought Bill is right save your money and leave them black. 8)

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Paint it white so it compliments the molding strip on the door. I've seen these painted the body color of the Titan and they look good.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I think they look great black. It give the illusion of a larger wheel well and makes the whole thing look more aggressive. Painted looks great but is more of a polished look.

·
Registered
79 Posts
They look fine against the white paint.

Clint

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Black Black Black. leave them black I plan to get some if they ever make them for the Titans without rear storage compartment. I will leave mine black also. Again if you didnt catch it leave them black.
M4ck

·
SHIFT_chicks-rule!
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Let's see....
8 blacks
2 whites
2 not sure
I still can't make up my mind. I haven't checked around to see how much it'll be to paint yet. I'd thought about doin it myself, but BiXLL and JT don't think that's a very good idea. :cry:
ensclark..took it off right after I took the pics yesterday.
quikwhip...I'd like to lower it a little, not much, and level it. But I haven't had my boat on it yet, so I need to see what it does. I'm guessing it won't bring the back doow much if any.
Thanks for the inputs!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just put them on my truck (Radiant Silver) and had them painted FWIW. I think you gotta paint them.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
StompS said:
Just put them on my truck (Radiant Silver) and had them painted FWIW. I think you gotta paint them.
Holy crap! That makes it look like a Tundra. :) They do look great though. How did you overcome the black rubber strip?? Oh, and by the way, welcome to the forum. :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
The black rubber strip is there.

Bought the Extend-a-Fender and had them painted to match the body.

No trimming was needed (have the bedside toolbox).

Somewhat time-consuming to apply the rubber strip.

Had to remove the passenger fender mount bolt (lower front side of rear wheel well) to insert the clip behind the fender lip - poor placement on Bushwacker's part).

If I were to do it again I would remove the fender mount bolts and drill a corresponding hole in the flare then re-insert the bolt over the flare so there isn't a "lump" behind the flare where the head of the bolt sits. It wouldn't have been that much extra work.

Other than that they look great and didn't even have to remove the wheels (you will need an offset Phillips screwdriver).

Definitely recommend them.

·
Go fast tester
11,912 Posts
Do they make them so you don't have to debadge your 04? Don't look like it would bother me bacause my 05 doesn't have the V8 Endurance badge.

Also what did it cost to have the flares painted?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I debadged everything except the Nissan on the back tailgate (there are mounting holes). I prefer that look. I believe the '05's don't need debadging. I'm gonna get that Nissan off the tailgate, any ideas? I never thought I'd ever drive a Freakin' Datsun.....but I like the damn truck.

·
Registered
175 Posts
After seeing that, I have to say painted looks better on the lighter trucks.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts