Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. so i picked up this SC flashpaq, and let me start with the good. loving the 91 tune so far. might try the 93. did the timing, which only allowed me to go -2*. not even sure if i should but i did, and nothing bad came of it....yet....

now for the bad.
1. It has a display that says the WOT is enabled, but NO OPTION TO DISABLE! pissed.....

2. SC website is just horrible.....i know i'm not supposed to bad mouth other sites, but S#$%t. I could come up with something better, and i don't know how to make a site. which leads me to............

3. The flashpaq is "supposed" to have real time data logging. the programer tells me to go to the web site. the website directs me to the update program. and the update program says nothing about data logging!:scheibe-big: it also doesn't help that i can't see the entire update program on my screen. and there is no option to maximize it to fit my 32" monitor! or any monitor at all.

so can someone please set me straight? i've done some looking around, and it seems SC is most likely going to tell me that I don't "need" the WOT restriction option. and i don't know what to expect about this data logging thing.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
I last updated mine over a year ago, and the logging option was a free purchase item at their website. It downloaded fine at the time. You don't want to subtract timing (-2). The only tune that allows you to add timing (+3) is the 93 tune. I run the 87 tune daily, and IMO, performs just as well or better than the higher octane tunes.

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't even see it on the site. and i'll switch the timing back. i doubt i'll be doing the 93 tune.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
I went to the Superchips website, and I can't find the logging option either. I wonder if they include it now with an automatic update? Back in December 2009, it was shown as an additional purchase, but the price was free at the time. I think it was shown as an optional download in the update screen when your device was connected, but I don't remember for sure.

·
Registered
334 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah, when i plug it in and attempt the data logging option, it tells me to go the website.

TA CC TX, checked out the forums. some were pretty helpful, i was even going to log in and start a thread asking about this issue. BUT, I can't log in. i even tried to use different user names thinking i messed up some where. hence why i'm not a huge fan of their website at the moment.

Its time for a phone call.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Let us know what they say.

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok. first round with the tech guy.

1. WOT removal is apparently not available on my T because its a 4x2 and not just 2wd. only 2wd Ts can get it with flashpaq. Lets see what the jury has to say about that one.(you guys)

2. he is working with me on the data logging thing. he says my comp. has some pop up blocker preventing this auto upgrade for the Data logging program. soooo......I went into every setting of every anti virus, spyware, etc....program i had and turned it off and even the internet options. no luck. soo.....2marrow he is gonna try to get me going manually. he is being pretty damn helpful if i say so myself, hope he get things worked out for me.

anyways, set the timing back to 0 and I am still loving this tune. the tech says the flashpaq gives the most power to the 04s. and i can definitely tell the difference.

·
Registered
238 Posts
ok. first round with the tech guy.

1. WOT removal is apparently not available on my T because its a 4x2 and not just 2wd. only 2wd Ts can get it with flashpaq. Lets see what the jury has to say about that one.(you guys)

2. he is working with me on the data logging thing. he says my comp. has some pop up blocker preventing this auto upgrade for the Data logging program. soooo......I went into every setting of every anti virus, spyware, etc....program i had and turned it off and even the internet options. no luck. soo.....2marrow he is gonna try to get me going manually. he is being pretty damn helpful if i say so myself, hope he get things worked out for me.

anyways, set the timing back to 0 and I am still loving this tune. the tech says the flashpaq gives the most power to the 04s. and i can definitely tell the difference.

what???!!! that's the whole reason to buy a programmer- for the wot removal!!!

well forget superchips then- I have a 09' 4x2 and no WOT removal, NO SUPERCHIPS!!!!!!

·
Registered
288 Posts
what???!!! that's the whole reason to buy a programmer- for the wot removal!!!

well forget superchips then- I have a 09' 4x2 and no WOT removal, NO SUPERCHIPS!!!!!!
As far as I know 4x2 is 2wd... 4x4 is 4wd... I have a 08 2wd and mines removed...

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah.........i know......on the phone now............keep in mind fellas. i have the flashpaq.....not cortex. if that makes a diff.

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
issue is going to engineering. gonna take about a week to get back at me with something. better than i was a day ago......baby steps. lol.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
yeah.........i know......on the phone now............keep in mind fellas. i have the flashpaq.....not cortex. if that makes a diff.
That makes no difference. Both units have the same features. On each tuning selection, my Flashpaq gave me the option to remove the WOT restriction.

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah, i figured i'd get the run around with them on that one. been doing some searching and found other threads with that exact problem. even worse. the forum section of their website has threads on that too. there has been alot of people who can't and alot who can. and of course these guys "know" more about our trucks than we do. considering i do 99% of my driving in 2wd. id say i have a 2wd vehicle. but hey, i'm not a service tech.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts