Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone post fluid change intervals for the front and rear diff as well as the tranny and transfer case? Also would like to know the best fluid to use in each. Thanks!!!

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
Hi reddlemen and welcome to clubt... :)

I've looked at your post 3 times now and can't seem to find the right answer for you. There are so many people doing different things at different times that I don't think there is a norm. Some go strickly by the owners manual recommendations and others like myself change probably too often.

I'll tell you what I do and then others can chime in on their preferences...

1. Front diff - Mobil 1 75W-90, changed every 10K miles
2. Rear diff - Redline 75W-140, changed every 5K miles
3. Transer case - Nissan Matic D, changed every 10K miles
4. Transmission - Nissan Matic J, changed every 10K miles

I'm approaching the 10K mile mark so I've got lots to do soon....

One more thing, I did all of these except the transmission within the first 1K miles. It's a good idea to do this early on to get the shavings out and to get synthetics in as soon as possible.

·
Registered
91 Posts
It really depends on how you drive it and what your personal preferences are. Like JT said change them out early, I did mine at 3,500 and wish I had done it earlier. I have not done the Tranny yet, the fluid still looks decent, but I probably will before long. I used:

Front Diff:80w90
Rear Diff:80w90
xfer: Castrol ATF
Tranny: Will use Matic-J

When I hit 6,000 I will do the rear again and use 75w140 and may put Mobil1 ATF in the xfer case, depends on how it looks.

I plan to monitor things over the first 10,000 mi to decide on change intervals.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts