Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone modded the factory fog lights so they can be turned on independently of the headlights?
Search had way too many irrelevant results.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yes they can!

Search the forums a little harder... there are a few ways to do it.

-ern

·
SHIFT_CT's_"Screech"
3,623 Posts
BaseballFanz has done this mod. He installed a relay inside of the turn signal stock. Might want to send him a PM.

·
Registered
350 Posts
<<<-------- kinda surprised BBF hasn't chimed in yet... he's usually on top of it!

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Yeah, I got mine done by wakeboarder2186 (ex-member here). You should be able to find a howto writeup on it. Good luck!!

·
SHIFT_CT's_"Screech"
3,623 Posts
TexasTitan05 said:
Yeah, I got mine done by wakeboarder2186 (ex-member here). You should be able to find a howto writeup on it. Good luck!!
Jeremy, don't you just have the jumper mod so that you can turn your fogs on with your running (amber) lights? I think he is talking about the foglights being completely independent so that he can turn them on whenever he wants.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
etalian2005 said:
Jeremy, don't you just have the jumper mod so that you can turn your fogs on with your running (amber) lights? I think he is talking about the foglights being completely independent so that he can turn them on whenever he wants.
ah ha... you're right nick :).

·
Registered
350 Posts
my truck doesnt have running lights... i only have the headlights that come on automatically in the dark.

·
SHIFT_CT's_"Screech"
3,623 Posts
Parking lights/Running lights/Amber lights. When you're amber turn signals are on. That's what I was referring to.

·
Registered
350 Posts
got ya ..

your name is nick too?
with a pro 4 x?
black?

·
SHIFT_CT's_"Screech"
3,623 Posts
haha. what are the odds? is yours a long bed though, or is it just the angle of the camera in your avatar?

·
Registered
350 Posts
short bed..
my girlfriend likes you already haha

·
Registered
675 Posts
well if you want to run it on you its own switch then you should run it through a relay. cause you could just run them with an inline fuse to a switch but to be safe and to make sure not to mess anything up just run a relay. It is pretty simple to do there will be instructions with the relay telling you witch prong is for what and if you wire it as it say it will work out just fine. the hardest part is finding out where you want to mount the switch. If you have a local electrical shop then I'm sure they would be more than happy to help you out with figuring out what you need and how the relay works. Good luck I might be able to help you out through messaging to when it comes to wiring it up if you need it.
Post pics after if you do it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have no problem wiring the relay- I was hoping to use the factory switch on the stalk. I'll have to dig up a wiring diagram and see if this is possible.

·
SHIFT_I did it the hard way... I earned it.
4,341 Posts
I have the jumper in the fuse box from MiseryTom. When the amber parking lights are on, so are my fogs. I'd have to track him down and see if he could still make them.

·
SHIFT_CT's_"Screech"
3,623 Posts
smithy wesson: send baseballfanz a pm. He did this so that you can use the switch independently and turn the fog lights on whenever you want. It's much easier than having a separate switch.

PRO_4_X said:
short bed..
my girlfriend likes you already haha
Haha. Would she happen to have a close friend or sister? Haha

1 - 17 of 17 Posts