Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jus ordered some yellow tinted fog lights an installed an 3000k hid kit, an i accidently left them on during my break at work an notice that they were melting a lil in the middle, so i was wondering if anyone has any glass lensed fogs or what foglights are best for high heat an hid kits?

· Registered
5,342 Posts
Did you get the 35 watt or 55 watt lights? I think I read that the higher watt lights will melt the lenses.

· Registered
134 Posts
Hi There, This is my second Titan and both of them the fog light lens has melted in the middle. I did have the brighter lights on them so that will make a diff. But on the new Ihave the HID kit on it and it seems to not be as bad.

· Premium Member
394 Posts
buy a set of piaa 510 series they will fit in the holes and then do the hid mod to them they have glass lenses thats the only ones i know of

· Registered
869 Posts
The 35W bulbs are the highest you can use in the fogs. Or you may need to purchase glass houses, which come on the newer Titans. That's all I know for now... LOL

· Registered
2,212 Posts
The 35W bulbs are the highest you can use in the fogs. Or you may need to purchase glass houses, which come on the newer Titans. That's all I know for now... LOL
what year titan come with glass in the fogs?

· Registered
1,174 Posts
I had 4" hella angel eye fog lights. Glass and metal. $65 for the set using an H3 bulb. Very great quality.

And the angel eyes are BMW quality. Not the crappy auto part store or walmart like quality. Very bright and tight ring. White in color.

· Registered
6,621 Posts
Yeah my HIDs melted the crap out of my aftermarket fogs.

· SHIFT_CT's_"Screech"
4,203 Posts
My HID's are starting to melt my stock fog lenses.

· Registered
244 Posts
Is it just HID's that are melting the fogs b/c I thought that they put off less heat than regular bulbs? I also have a 2011 and do not recall a glass lens in there.

· Registered
26 Posts
I have also experienced the lens melting in the middle on my 2010. I have 10,000K HID's in the 55Watt. version.

· Registered
80 Posts
Is it just HID's that are melting the fogs b/c I thought that they put off less heat than regular bulbs? I also have a 2011 and do not recall a glass lens in there.
Nope, not just hid's. the passenger side melted on my 06 with the stock lightbulb. go figure huh.

· SHIFT_CT's_"Screech"
4,203 Posts
They do, but I think it has to do with the fact that the HID bulb is longer so it's getting closer to the plastic lens of the fog lamp. Also, our stock bulbs had a coating on the end that kept heat and light from directly hitting the lens and our HID's to not have that coating on there. Just my thoughts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.