Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so for my own xmas present i just got a tech12volts box with 2 10 inch kenwood 1000 watt subs and amp with a kenwood head unit my question is do i need to stuff the box with pillow stuffing or is this a myth and also where are u guys mounting the amp in our trucks at ? another ? is am i suppose to run the rcas on the other side of the truck from the amp power wires to prevent interference? and what should the settings on the amp be set to for a good even sound across all types of music :thumbsup-big:

·
Registered
423 Posts
I have a tech box and I did not stuff it with fill, sounds good to me. I'm running memphis 10s with a kicker amp. As for Amp mount location, I had a tray built on my box for that. I have seen ppl mount on a board behind rear seats or under the front seats. I personnaly have never had any interference issues but I have always kept the power and RCA seperated. I ran power on passenger side and RCA on driver side. Good luck with your install.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Mount the amp either under the passenger seat or the drivers seat....I actually mounted one under both. The passenger side has more room and that is the side that the battery is located thus the easiest side to pull the pwr cables to the amp.

Don't stuff anything in your Tech box.....Tech builds the boxes to the exact air space specs. I wouldn't worry about the pwr & RCA's being together at all......dc doesn't cause that much EMI and the RCA will be shielded from the head unit to the amp.

I have used this setup technique since the first amp I bought and installed from Tech

Klick 4 How to Set Gains

Hope this helps

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it did thank you where did you ground the amp at right there under the amp

·
Registered
38 Posts
it did thank you where did you ground the amp at right there under the amp
Ground off the paint and used the bolts that hold the seats down. Glad this helped

1 - 5 of 5 Posts