Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from wal mart. If you are interested in a nice gun/valuables safe that is both code and key open, fits nicely under the rear seat, you need to get there. Go to their clearance section. I picked up a $79.99 Dac Sportsafe for $27.00! It is all ready mounted in my truck, and I love it! No more worries about leaving my carry weapon in the truck!

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Does it mount or bolt down or something. Or can someone just walk off with it then blast it open lol
M4ck

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has a mounting plate you install in the floor, then the safe attaches to the plate. That way you can take safe out of vehicle if you want. You can also buy additional mounting plates from mfg. to mount same safe in different locations.

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Sounds cool then. Too bad the only thing of value I own is my truck.
M4ck

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I plan on using it for more then just guns. There are a lot of times I am doing things that I don't want to tote my wallet, watch, wifes jewlry etc. I am tickled to death to have this!

·
Registered
507 Posts
I always keep my gun in the safe attached to my hip!!! LOL I NEVER go out with out my .45. I know some states don't have friendly CCDW laws, so a cheap but reliable safe for the truck is a good idea. (Make sure you know your states CCDW laws BEFORE you put a loaded gun in your car!) Of course, the gun doesn't do ya much good when you’re being held up in the Wal*Mart by the friendly neighborhood crack head and it's locked in your Titan!!! :x

It would be nice to have a small safe for some extra items. My center console is filled with CD's and not much room for anything else. A little safe stowed under the seat is a good idea. Especially since the glove box doesn't lock!!! WTF is up with that Nissan????

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I and my wife both have our ccw. Its just there are times when it is more conveniant not to have it on person. Its pretty tuff to jump in the river at the boat club when you got a gun on your side! There are places it is illeagle to carry inside, and places I feel it is inapropriate to be carrying. That is why I like the option of securing it in the truck.

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
k9mrussell said:
What!!! you don't go swimming with your handgun??? What if your attacked by a killer trout??? LOL :lol:
I'll risk it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts