Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just sent cash money to James at Tech12 to build a FF ported box for 2 10" JL subs that I had in my stealthbox. Im sure this is going to sound awesome, so looking forward to it!! Anyone who has this setup chime in with how it sounds por favor!!

PS - Ill have a JL Stealthbox for sale no subs included haha if anyone is interested!

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Is that going to fit?

·
Registered
131 Posts
It will sound sick. I have the up-fire ported with 10's and they slam. James is the man when it comes to BASSSSSSSSSSSSSS. My 10'' RE subs sound better and hit harder then my friends 12'' P3 subs in his generic box. Plus he got his at a stereo shop so he paid more than twice the amount that I did. What kind of door speakers are you running?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stock speakers, suggestions on some if ya got any? It wont fit with the frotn of the seat not lifted, ill have to do a mod to get that done. But my boxer, girlfriend are the only ones who are in the truck.

·
Registered
46 Posts
i want forward firing subs soo bad but they wont fit under the rear seats, i have a custom box built with upfiring 10's

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i want forward firing subs soo bad but they wont fit under the rear seats, i have a custom box built with upfiring 10's
You have to do a seat lift mod,which lifts the front of the seat an inch or two. Most people have done it for the enclosure and said that they cant feel a difference when sitting with the mod done. Even so, my boxer is the only one that rides in the back haha

innovativems said:
pm sent about the stealthbox!!!!
pmed you back!

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
why does it sound different mounted different ways? i have a single12and wantto get the most out of it :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
the shop that did my system put my speakers in some generic "loaner" boxes while my boxes where at the paint shop getting painted.
they put them sittin in the back facing upward & it sounded great, then i put them forward facing & the bass just sounded deeper (not like night & day) but it is a very noticeable difference

If your into bass you want forward firing & ported if you have the space
i wish ported boxes didnt need so much airspace

·
Registered
46 Posts
why does it sound different mounted different ways? i have a single12and wantto get the most out of it :)
Im not an audio expert but, I think because being you sit in the front of the vehicle, forward firing the speaker is pushing air toward you so you feel more bass
kinda like if you where at a bar or club & your sitting on the side that the speakers are not facing ...the music just doesnt sound as loud.

dont mean to thread jack but christenayuca

How's the bass on those Memphis SC12S4, i wanted to try those really bad but i was scared to drop the $ on them without hearing them 1st

i was always skeptical of shallow mount subs, the shop i went to tried pushing them on me & put 2 realm 12" shallows in my truck, they were really loud & clear but they just didnt have the bass i wanted so i went with 2 10" Orion XTR PRO instead
I already knew the pioneer shallow sucked, my other option was the JL shallow & the memphis that you have, thing is they said they had to special order it & if i didnt like the sound it would be a 20% restocking fee, so i passed

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry for the late post, but my buddy and I installed the box I got from James on Fri and let me tell you the difference from the JL stealthbox.......................

NIGHT AND DAY!!!

Now I need a bigger amp to handle the power for both subs ill post pics of it later. I should have went with James when I started the audio game.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts