Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Banned
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any interest in free custom tuning software? I'm looking for a new project to work on and I think that many would like to see this become available. This would be completely free.

However, the end user would be responsible for a laptop and ELM 327 cable. It would include monitoring/datalogging software as well if you were uncomfortable or inexperienced in tuning.

Otherwise, a competent tuner shouldn't have any trouble custom tuning with the software. As always its not the money that motivates me, its the challenge. I plan on making it open source. Free to all. I'm just not going to invest the time on this unless I know the demand is there.

BTW there are already plenty of free monitoring and datalogging software programs available. You would still need the cable and a laptop, but the cable needed can be had for less then $50.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I would assume everyone is interested but will it only work for the Titans?

Also, how are you going to get around the whole issue with the different ECUs?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I would be.. but it all depends. I wouldn't mind it :D.

·
Banned
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its a work in progress and it will be open source so individuals could add their ecu to it as needed. I would like to see it made available to all late model nissan/infinity vehicles. Since it will be compared to what is available I will have no choice but to make it as good as what is already available.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'm interested. For now, I only want to remove the WOT restriction but later would need a custom tuning solution for cams and headers.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
What are you going to develop the software in? I'm a software developer but I'm pretty old school.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I AM interested, own a laptop with Windows XP, plan on buying an UpRev Oris and have a pretty clever employee with computer smarts. Reckon we can handle it. New truck should be in in early July.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'd be interested in some more advanced data logging then what I can do with the Flashpaq. I work with data all day at work so once I understand the engine parameters I might be tempted to play around with tuning.
It's very generous of you to offer this. I love this place.

·
Registered
835 Posts
As always no info is given or specifics with this OP.

·
Banned
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As always no info is given or specifics with this OP.
How can I be more specific? I'm wanting to offer free custom tuning/monitoring and datalogging and make it available to all late model nissan and infinity vehicles. I'm sure that some will still find reason to complain about something free though.

As usual, there will always be people that only want to deter and discourage. I just thinking of bring a no cost option to custom tuning. Something tells me the majority of people that may not like this idea will be those that have already spent a considerable amount of money for it already.

While some people may not like me they can't say that I don't follow through with my word. I'm just trying to help people save money and still be able to afford modding.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I Would say yes to this and it would have to support 04 and up for me to join, just not alot of support out there for the 04 models, i will certainly purchase a cable if the software comes soon, id say you would have at least a couple dozen interested owners looking to hook up their vehicles, once its out and test have been run then we will know for sure how well and or how much you can change, i would love to be able to tune into the BCM with the program too, to turn on and off auto functions, thanks.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I'm sure you can understand everyone's skepticism. I'm one of those folks that have spent as you said, a considerable amount of money on UpRev the best tuning available for Nissan/Infinity vehicles. And I would still love to see a FREE version developed. But as the saying goes... "No Free Lunch!"

Honestly, if you have to ask if we want it free then you probably shouldn't be trying to developing it. But if it's the attention and recognition you want then here goes... M-Y-C-H-A-E-L-1-0-1....Go Mychael101!!!! You're the man!!!! The man with the plan!!! The creator of the first Turbo Titan!!!:thumbsup-big:

Now enough with the lip service. :) Log off CT and start writing the program to make it happen!!! :whip:

·
Banned
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't want or care for the recognition. I just want to see if I can do it. If I can do it, then I'll upload it to a shareware site and let it do its thing. Now for those that just want the datalogging and monitoring, there are literally dozens of free programs already available. Some pretty bare bones no flashy GUI and some that are pretty nice looking.

·
Banned
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There is free datalogging and monitoring software out there already?
Yessir and for quite a while. Just do a google search and I'm sure you will likely find one you'll like. I was trying like mad to find a scangaugeII so I could monitor without a laptop. As luck would have it, it turned out to be unnecessary.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts