81 - 100 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
1,705 Posts

·
Banned
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
so this cable can be used on multiple vehicles without unlocking and such.. via FREE SOFTWARE on an XP laptop?????
That is correct. And those are retail prices. Retail is for suckers. Like I already said, just about all distributors are bound by minimum advertised price. Call a vendor and see if they will make you a deal. You might be surprised at what kind of discount you may end up getting.

·
Banned
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
The software is my next project. I'll be giving it my full attention after I finalize some minor tweaks on my trubo system. Its not really costing me anything but my time and I have access to a cable when I need it.

·
Banned
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #91

·
Banned
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Now I hope no one is just running out and buying a $400 buck cable just yet.....
I concur. Don't go jumping the gun on this guys. I have quite a ways to go.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hey!! That cables looks familiar! HMMMM...
really .. uprev use the same kind ?.. if so how come uprev LOCKS to one specific VIN# and the cables in link can be used on virtually and unlimited number of vehicles? Is it the software that uprev uses that locks the cable to one vehicle?

·
Banned
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Hey!! That cables looks familiar! HMMMM...
Doesn't it though, lol. I posted that a while back but decided to edit the post. I was certain that it was going to be quoted though. There are probably a few more companies that are making these cables.

Software controls hardware. That would be great for those that already have a cable to be able to use my software without any vin locks.

How bout a screenshot?

·
Banned
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
really .. uprev use the same kind ?.. if so how come uprev LOCKS to one specific VIN# and the cables in link can be used on virtually and unlimited number of vehicles? Is it the software that uprev uses that locks the cable to one vehicle?
They marry to the vin so someone doesn't just buy one unit and tune everyone he knows. Its a way of making sure that everyone using it is a paying customer. Similar to a product key for software.

Mine will basically be free/shareware. I feel comfortable doing this since its for custom tuning only. Its not worth anything unless you know or know someone familiar with tuning. Its not the market for handhelds so it not stepping on the toes of the handheld companies. Its not costing me anything other then my time.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Doesn't it though, lol. I posted that a while back but decided to edit the post. I was certain that it was going to be quoted though. There are probably a few more companies that are making these cables.

Software controls hardware. That would be great for those that already have a cable to be able to use my software without any vin locks.

How bout a screenshot?

That looks pretty good. I wish I could enlarge the pic so I could see it better.

·
Registered
227 Posts
They marry to the vin so someone doesn't just buy one unit and tune everyone he knows. Its a way of making sure that everyone using it is a paying customer. Similar to a product key for software.

Mine will basically be free/shareware. I feel comfortable doing this since its for custom tuning only. Its not worth anything unless you know or know someone familiar with tuning. Its not the market for handhelds so it not stepping on the toes of the handheld companies. Its not costing me anything other then my time.
Im in on your offer. Nice truck BTW. I hope you're able to complete your mission sucessfully.

81 - 100 of 109 Posts