Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys im finally droppin my beast and need some answers here
im using springtech 2/3 drop me and a good buddy putting on. we
recently dropt the back and cut the rubber bump stops that go on the leafspring in half now, to the front when installin the fronts springs do i cut a bumpstop or do i cut the metal bumpstop where the bumpstop rests to drop it more and how do we cut it i heard a plasma cutter or can we use a sawzaw

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
hey guys im finally droppin my beast and need some answers here
im using springtech 2/3 drop me and a good buddy putting on. we
recently dropt the back and cut the rubber bump stops that go on the leafspring in half now, to the front when installin the fronts springs do i cut a bumpstop or do i cut the metal bumpstop where the bumpstop rests to drop it more and how do we cut it i heard a plasma cutter or can we use a sawzaw
the bumpstop bracket needs to be cut. Id have a shop cut it and fab it up so it can still function. I had mine completely chopped off, which is not good for the Shocks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I cut the rear in half also.

I could never find a good answer about the front so I left them stock. There is only about a half inch gap. They have been that way for over a year and have never had any problems. I have considered removing the bump stop and leaving the arm but I'm not sure if it would bottom out.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I cut the rear in half also.

I could never find a good answer about the front so I left them stock. There is only about a half inch gap. They have been that way for over a year and have never had any problems. I have considered removing the bump stop and leaving the arm but I'm not sure if it would bottom out.
I drove around a while with the front bumpstop and bracket in place and it bottomed out everywhere giving a really rough ride.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so should i cut the bracket off or just ride with the bracket on and why did you say that when you chopped them off its bad for shocks

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
so should i cut the bracket off or just ride with the bracket on and why did you say that when you chopped them off its bad for shocks
if u hate the bottoming out chop the bracket in half. Cutting the actual bumpstop or removing it wont help at all since its so small.

Completely removing the bracket is bad for the shocks cuz they compress way too much on large bumps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.