Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In the last couple weeks I've replaced, (Lower control arms with ball joint, outer tie rod ends, wheel bearings, sway bar links, gas shock & spring.) After all said and done I now have a heavy grind/clunking noise when turned full right. I noticed when I go forward it'll do it to a certian point and stop, then if I hold same wheel position in reverse it'll do the same. I can feel it in the pedals and floorboard. I replaced cv joint yesterday thinking that was it (boot was torn and grease everywhere) but it was not. I've had my wife go forward and reverse while touching individual components with no resolution. Asked around to no avail. Am not a fan of garages. Please, anybody have suggestions, or even better, a culprit with solution? Could it be the inner cv joint trying to pull out of diff, grinding spider gears creating the noise?
Update
I have identified the snap ring on upper ball joint or the ball joint itself to be the cause. Replaced and noise is gone. Honestly surprised as the ball joint had no visual signs of being defective.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts