Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read the different threads and I'm ready to pull my hair out. I just replace the transmission mount and both motor mounts. I have a 2005 Nissan Titan 4x4 XE with a leveling kit. I've had the truck since 2006. I have had no problems out of it. But everytime I go over the slightest bump and it feels like there is something loose. I have checked everything and can not figure it out. I also replaced the sway bar bushings.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Front end clunk

I have read the different threads and I'm ready to pull my hair out. I just replace the transmission mount and both motor mounts. I have a 2005 Nissan Titan 4x4 XE with a leveling kit. I've had the truck since 2006. I have had no problems out of it. But everytime I go over the slightest bump and it feels like there is something loose. I have checked everything and can not figure it out. I also replaced the sway bar bushings.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
With the installation of the leveling kit, when you bounce the truck, what part of the front end suspension moves?

My guess is that the hat was not installed properly allowing the shock to move.
Or the stock control arms are hitting the coil bucket.
Worn lower control arm bushings (contact PRG for delrin spacers)
Bad sway bar mounts

OR there's a TSB on it.
NTB10072
* IF YOU CONFIRM A noise (clunking, squeaking, popping) can be heard when performing at least one of the following actions: - turning the steering wheel left or right - driving over speed bumps - driving on rough roads - accelerating or decelerating AND The noise is coming from the front stabilizer bar bushing. ACTIONS Replace the front stabilizer bar bushing on both sides (RH & LH) with the part listed in the Parts Information section of this bulletin. - Refer to the FSUsection of the applicable Electronic Service Manual (ESM) for removal and installation instructions. - Before installing the new bushings, use Nissan Brake Cleaner (or equivalent) to clean the stabilizer bar where the bushings make contact. See Fig ure 1 on page 2. See this bulletin for further detail.

Now I need to search the forums to find the PDF on this TSB

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I replaced the sway bar bushings with OEM bushings about 2 months ago. Should I replace the end links as well?

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
what to check

I replaced the sway bar bushings with OEM bushings about 2 months ago. Should I replace the end links as well?
Check the hat on your shocks and rock the truck. If the shock is moving at the top, that's your issue.

Check control arms for contact with coil bucket next.

Our front suspension was designed for a Frontier so our parts are going to wear out-faster with larger tires.

THEN consider sway bar end link replacement!

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
Do you have a hitch mounted in the receiver? My heavy pintle hitch would rattle hard enough I thought there was something loose in the front suspension. Sometimes metal on metal connections can transmit sound/feeling in the frame to completely different areas.

·
Registered
468 Posts
My first question would be: is the noise coming from the front or the back?

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
What about the shock itself. I had a front end clunk everytime I hit a bounce and after pulling my hair out as well, learned that I had a bad shock. Upgraded to the Sway Away with external resevior and no more clunk/rattles.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just posted on this clunking noise in the right front.. I am going crazy!!! I will replace the shocks and pray it stops.

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
Check and see if the lower shock mount holes are elongated, oval, enlarged, etc. As noted they're not as robust as they should be, and failing shocks hammer the mounts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts