Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is kind of a silly thing, but i need a little help here. upon installing the frame when i got the truck, i was directed to mount it on the skid plate, and drilled two holes in there (5mm if i remember).

well, that frame vanished last month, and i ordered another one. it came with the two screws that go through the slanted parts of the frame to hold it onto the truck. however, these screws are not big enough for the holes in the skid plate.

am i missing parts? i can't remember how i installed the first one, and can't find the instruction sheet that came with it. the new frame did not come with an instruction sheet.

what i will probably end up doing is just going to home depot to get some nuts, bolts, and washers to mount it. thanks

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
TitanCritter said:
This is kind of a silly thing, but i need a little help here. upon installing the frame when i got the truck, i was directed to mount it on the skid plate, and drilled two holes in there (5mm if i remember).

well, that frame vanished last month, and i ordered another one. it came with the two screws that go through the slanted parts of the frame to hold it onto the truck. however, these screws are not big enough for the holes in the skid plate.

am i missing parts? i can't remember how i installed the first one, and can't find the instruction sheet that came with it. the new frame did not come with an instruction sheet.

what i will probably end up doing is just going to home depot to get some nuts, bolts, and washers to mount it. thanks
Sorry, critter, I can't help you as the front plate is not required here.

IMO, I'd use bolts/nuts anyway to keep it from "vanishing" again :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ive got the front skid plate and I had to use some small nuts/bolts. You could get some of those locking nuts to keep it on better.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
i believe that the licince plate holder goes in the lower hole in the bumper, there sould be to dimpels there to drill out in the plastic. only reason i think its there is because the skid plate is an option and pepole that dont have that option still need to be able to attach a licence plate if needed.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Critter, wish I knew you needed a frame. I would of given you mine just to get out of my truck.

·
Registered
204 Posts
SMOKEDYA2 said:
i believe that the licince plate holder goes in the lower hole in the bumper, there sould be to dimpels there to drill out in the plastic. only reason i think its there is because the skid plate is an option and pepole that dont have that option still need to be able to attach a licence plate if needed.
Your exactly right - the frame from the factory is designed for that spot. They give you some crappy hardware with the frame though. I had to go to Home Depot and pick up a couple small bolts, lockwashers and nuts.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks kytitan for the offer. had i joined a few weeks earlier i would have taken you up on that.

well, i bolted it on with some locking nuts. took a while because there's not much room to work between the lower grille and the skid plate. but, it's much sturdier than the first one.

yes, there are the dimples in the lower grille, but there are also some in the skid plate. the original directions i had told me to drill the holes there. i don't think you can mount it on the truck body with the skid plate, at least it didn't look like it to me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts