Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Premium Member
394 Posts
i like that bumper alot it would look good

· Premium Member
394 Posts
fab fours are my fav winch bumper i really like the one with the prerunner bar the only prob with them is the are crazy expensive i think anyways but i guess you get what you pay for

· Premium Member
394 Posts
not a big fan of that one still like the fab fours

· Registered
333 Posts
Heres my bumper I've had for several years now, it's a kennesaw Mountain accessories bumper.

Attachments

· Registered
38 Posts
Here are a couple of pics of my Road Armor bumper. I've had it on for a couple years now. It's looks similar to the fab fours bumper and the price is probably close too. The mounts on mine aren't the greatest. I'm waiting to take the truck to the local off-road shop to get them to beef them up for me.

Attachments

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's a sweet bumper Silver!
Jokel- that Road Armor is nice too, very close to the iron bull.

I just got a free 6k winch that im rebuilding. Do u think this is big enough? I though I should at least go with a 10k?

Thanks for posting pics and researching guys!! :)

· Registered
38 Posts
The 6K is way too small and a 10K is pushing the limits. Your winch should be rated for 2 and a half times the weight you're pulling. Titans are around 5K so a 12K would be ideal.

· Registered
650 Posts
The rule is normally: minimum of 1.5 times the vehicles weight. Of course, the bigger the winch, the better off you are. Better to have too much winch than not enough. For a Titan, you should not use anything smaller than a 9K winch.

· Registered
38 Posts
Whoops! Hovenator's right. 1.5 times. Where did I get 2.5?

· Registered
5,342 Posts
I have two 9,500 lb winches and they did fine a couple weeks ago. See this thread over at TT for the writeup on the recovery I did for a fellow Titan owner: http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-general-discussion/129386-titan-off-road-recovery.html

EDIT: I should add that the folks at Warn told me they didn't think the front end of the Titan frame could handle a 12K winch pushed to its limit. If you're planning to winch then don't forget the snatch block(s).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.