Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw a commercial last night for the Frontier. I think it said it has 270 H.P.? With the less weight of the Frontier, how would it stack up against the Titan performance wise? I am thinking it would be real close, if not better?

·
Registered
14 Posts
0-60 in 7.9 its alot slower for some reason. The gas milage is not that much better and its not much less expensive. I have to go with Titan all the way.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
I had a Frontier prior to the Titan. The performance was good, but.....mpg was still about what I get in the Titan. The Titan WAY outperforms it. Those two additional cylinders make a difference :amazing:

Are really thinking about replacing your Titan? :sick:

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are really thinking about replacing your Titan?
NOOOOOOOO! Just curious!

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Not Bill he is just talking lol he could never get rid of the Titan. Well maybe for a diesel Titan he might.
m4ck :fart:

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I have no facts, but would also guess it would be slower. Nice horsepower but what about torque, powercurves and transmission? I bet they publish that data.

I do know that the Dakota with the 4.7 moves well. My brother has one and I'd love to race him but that won't happen. Well maybe if I get him on the spur of the moment sometime, but he would never plan a race with anyone. I really don't know who would win!!!Dodge had rumours that they would produce a high output 4.7 for the Dakota which would be interesting.

I'm with the Titan for the performance, but I also prefer the fullsize over midsize.

Chief

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Well I would never have the choice I tried to get my fat :***: in a frontier last week while at the deeler having my brakes fixed. Wasn't happening. LOL
M4ck

·
Registered
1,698 Posts

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
found some info on it from sport truck magazine.

0-60 8.05
1/4 mile time 15.51 @ 89.6
braking 60-0 131 ft.
est. curb weight 4000lbs.
hp 270
tq 285
4.0 V-6 dohc
5 speed tranny
off road tires are 265/65R17
6,500lbs. tow capabilitys if properly equiped

heres a few pics from detroit auto show

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Those really are not bad numbers at all for a small truck!

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
everything on the truck is just a smaller version of what the titan is, i bet it will be a pretty bad little truck. look at the tail gate, just a smaller titan.

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Driving near the Dealer today I saw Mini Me (Smoke Frontier Crew Cab) drive by on a test drive.

I like the looks of it but not wild about the roof rack like the earlier Frontiers.

Did a search on Nissan USA for dealer inventories around me.

They have a Nismo Frontier and possibly a S/C Frontier along with the 6 speed manual.

Gotta stop by and check one out.

Also had my buddy change my rear diff to Mobil1 75W-140 today.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I saw a galaxy frontier go down my street yesterday and from behind looked just like my titan. Even had a dual exhaust (but no chrome tailgate cover).

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
im sure that with an intake and exaust mod these things will be woke up just like the titans

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I agree, those numbers are great!!!! And they are coming from a 4.0 V6.

I'd say the frontier flies!!!!

I guess the DOHC amoung other things really pulls everything it can from that motor. I'm amazed 8O

Chief

·
Registered
470 Posts
Flyin' In Formation

Ahhh, the new Frontier ... I shared this story with BiXLL recently.

Saw my first one as I was toolin' down I-81 a few weeks back. As usual this time of year there was pretty good lake effect snow goin' on, with hardpack on both lanes. The usual members of the anti-destination league were tooling along at about 35 in the right-hand lane, but surprisingly no one was clogging the fast lane. I was tempted, but wound up pulling in line behind the stragglers, kicking up the tunes and humming my way home as I wasn't in any hurry.

About 5 minutes in, I see something black coming up up behind me at a pretty good clip and it looked, hell, it looked just like me! As he slipped past me at about 50 I saw that it was actually a brand-spanking-new Frontier in matching Galaxy Black. I figured this was just way too much of a Kodak Moment and slipped right in back of him. For the next 15 miles we tooled past, mmm, maybe 30 or so Silverados and Blazers and F150s and even a Hemi 4X4. When we got near my exit I pulled up even him and gave him the wingman-to-lead-man salute. He exchanged the favor, we both laughed and parted company.

Wudda made a great commercial ...

B.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
you described it so well i can close my eyes and just imagine you guys flyin past everyone, it looks sweet :headbanger:

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
:D :D :D

Great Tale TitanGuy.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I looked at the 05 Frontier when I bought my 04 Titan. It is really just a mini-Titan and a great truck if you're not into size :wink: Trouble is, they're so close in price to the Titan. I would have saved about $1500 if I' bought the Frontier, but I'd have gotten about half the truck. Personally, I don't like the way they look so much like big brother. I want people to recognize my Titan before they get close enough to read the tailgate!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts