Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the recall notice in the mail, going in tomorrow to have them look at it.

Also going to have them look into the "pop" I hear at take off. Taken it to Firestone several times, and they come up empty handed, even though they say they can hear it.

I'll have them look at my brakes too, still have the original pads with 69K miles.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Let us know how it goes

·
Registered
221 Posts
It took my dealer about 2 hours total and the guae is way better.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
My fuel filler gurgles like crazy now and spurts gas if I go my normal two clicks after the initial shut off when filling up. But the fuel gauge does seem to be working correctly.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I took mine in to the dealer without a letter, and they fixed it with no problems.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They finished it in about 3 hours. Haven't had any problems yet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
does anyones fuel gauge read 49 miles when getting low on fuel and then about with 25 miles to go, it goes blank? that is what mine does. then i go to fill up and the most i can squeeze in there is 24 gallons.i thought the titan was supposed to have a 28 gallon tank. just wondering if anyone else has this problem. i also had taken it in for the recall, but nothing has changed.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
My truck started running outta gas when the gauge was between 1/2 to 1/4 tank. At first it was intermittent when it was off but eventually it was everytime. Its hard guessing how far you can drive! lol
Took them close to 2 years to get me the dam fuel sending unit. First year they denied there was a problem then finally got the recall notice and took another 8 month until it was my turn and i was supplied a replacement. My truck sold 2 days later. Go figure

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
does anyones fuel gauge read 49 miles when getting low on fuel and then about with 25 miles to go, it goes blank? that is what mine does. then i go to fill up and the most i can squeeze in there is 24 gallons.i thought the titan was supposed to have a 28 gallon tank. just wondering if anyone else has this problem. i also had taken it in for the recall, but nothing has changed.
Mine does the same thing. After the recall the fudge-factor (gallons left when it says empty) is smaller but only by about a gallon.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yep ...warning comes on at 35 miles left, then goes to al "----" after 20. I've never been able to put more than 24 gal in when it does this.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Let us know about the noise also.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
No, the regular bed Titans have a 28 gallon tank. It just has a huge reserve as far as the gas gauge is concerned.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts