Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As part of my nitrous research I got a mechanical fuel pressure gauge. I had to also get the associated plumbing to route it up to the windshield area on the outside so I can read it. I only plan on running it at the track, and on occassion on the street near home if I'm trying to figure something out. I have no desire to have a gauge pod sticking off my truck like some rice racer. Anyway, I went ahead and took a static reading of 55psi at idle. Those of you who have the Nissan service manual will notice that the book calls for 51psi at idle. It doesn't say minimum or maximum so I think it is more of a lower limit value so you can tell if it has enough pressure to operate. Later tonight I'll tie wrap it to the wiper arm and drive it a little to see what it's reading under normal driving conditions. Tomorrow I hope to have an OBD II monitor program for my laptop to look at other things. And, I hope to be logging it all at the dragstrip tomorrow evening as well so I can figure out why my truck will take a 50hp shot of nitrous and not anything more than that (no gains for 75hp and 100hp jetting).

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Interesting please let us know your findings.
Not that I would ever run my truck at a track....LOL
M4ck

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It runa as low as 50-51psi under full throttle into about 3rd gear. I ran out of road and traffic coming the other way (didn't want to get a ticket). It sat at 55psi no matter what just driving around.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts