Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
SHIFT_chicks-rule!
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I filled My Titan up for the first time and the gas goin in sounded like there was something trying to slow it down and it was spittin gas out back at me. I couldn't lock the gas pump handle. If I did, gas spewed back out at me ( and all over the side) :evil:
Any one know why :?:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
It sounds like the service station pump had a problem with it's vapor recovery system. Go to a different station next time and see if you have the same problem fueling your Titan.

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
The Titans are slow feeders so you'll need to lock it on the slowest or mid range speed fill. Typically after it clicks off the first time you can get close to another gallon in it.

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
JetTech is right I have this problem all the time. If you notice also how small the tube is going to the gas tank unlike any of my other vehicles I've owned its about half the normal size. Takes more time for fuel to get in and no room for air to breath back out. I have even gone to several gas stations that I really like but can't fuel there anymore because the nozzles on the fuel pump are too big to fit into the Titan's tank. Oh well what can you do just take your time and another thing that may help is to not stick the nozzle all the way in as far as normal just put it in a little and hold up on it. That will let a little air out I've noticed.
M4ck

·
SHIFT_chicks-rule!
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys~~~I'll try to see the neck of the tank tomorrow and keep these things in mind when I fill up next time.
And JetTech~~I've been wanting to ask you some oil questions. Do ya mind? I know there's 5+ pages of oil threads in here. :?: I've read most of it.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
I've only noticed that problem on the "newer" pumps around here. Boy, it really gets me pissed off, too!

Oh well, gotta live with it, huh? :wink:

·
SHIFT_chicks-rule!
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well :? I've used the same gas station for years. Nothing new there.
It was was making a weird noise, like bubbling, like the gas was hitting something before it went on in.
I know yall are rolling your eyes :roll: "Oh God~~A girl trying to explain something"
Is there a safty flapper the pump has to get through first? :idea:

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
baja220 said:
Well :? I've used the same gas station for years. Nothing new there.
It was was making a weird noise, like bubbling, like the gas was hitting something before it went on in.
I know yall are rolling your eyes :roll: "Oh God~~A girl trying to explain something"
Is there a safty flapper the pump has to get through first? :idea:
I dont think so. Its just too much fluid going down that pipe with no good way for the air to escape. Its kinda like feeding a baby a bottle too quick. The quicker you feed it and less you let it burp the worse the burp is at the end. Well not exactly like feeding a baby but you kinda get it.

·
SHIFT_chicks-rule!
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
m4ck~~~I've been looking all over for your review and pic of installing your Volant intake and can't seem to find it. Would you point me in the right direction?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
baja220 said:
Thanks guys~~~I'll try to see the neck of the tank tomorrow and keep these things in mind when I fill up next time.
And JetTech~~I've been wanting to ask you some oil questions. Do ya mind? I know there's 5+ pages of oil threads in here. :?: I've read most of it.
Just PM me and I'll try to answer your questions. If I can't I'm sure we can find someone that can.

·
SHIFT_chicks-rule!
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
223 Posts
Use a funnel to pour in some 102 and f the local gas station.... :lol:

·
SHIFT_chicks-rule!
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Use a funnel to pour in some 102 and f the local gas station....

LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Go fast tester
11,912 Posts
Ummm......Deb hasn't been active on the forum for awhile. And this post is OLD!!! LoL

1 - 17 of 17 Posts