Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two months ago, I purchased an 07 titan le cc. I was hesitant because it had 66k miles on it and I was trading in an 05 g35 coupe with 35k miles on it. The car was just too small. I had previously purchased on o5 Titan k/c se offroad and loved it. So, I decided to go back to a Titan, but this time a bigger version. Since I bought the truck, the dealership has replaced:

All of the fluids, hoses, and belts
The rear shocks
The front brake pads and resurfaced the rotors
fixed an oil leak
replaced the radiator
did some tranny work
lots of cosmetic fixes

They have gone out of their way to make this truck a good deal for me. However, every other day, it seems that something is going wrong with it. Now, it is making this weird chirping sound (not a squealing noise) that gets louder and faster as I accelerate. It seems like it may be coming from the tranny, but I don't know for sure. Also, when I first start it up in the morning, if I put it in gear immediately and try to drive, it acts like it is in neutral for about 1/2 a second and then engages hard. My brother is a mechanic, and I called him about it. He told me that it is possibly a selenoid in the tranny causing the bucking, and that it is possibly the drive shaft making the chirping noise. However, without seeing it or hearing it, he couldn't be sure. My 05 titan never had a single problem, and this one has been a bother. I keep telling myself it will be like a brand new truck when the dealership is done with it, but I believe I am out of time and the extended warranty will kick in now.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Leon

·
Registered
215 Posts
It sounds like you have a bad idler pulley bearing with the way you describe how it chirps when you accelerate.

The harsh engagment when first put in gear sounds like a shifter cable adjustment issue. Check the gear shift lever on the side of the tranny where the cable is attached. It might be out of adjustment. Also, check the tranny fluid level. You might be a little low on fluid.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts