Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Install team at SoundFX in Rehoboth Beach DE really did a great job for me. I had them install the Kenwood DNX6960 and additional Eigervision 7in TVs w/RF in the headrests. I have the factory DVD in the center console and factory rear overhead screen. I have seen some posts on clubarmada showing how to get the overhead tv to work with new HU. But never the Player in the console.

Well it is possible to do. It required them to move the factory radio to under the passenger seat. You don't see it and the radio buttons do not function...its only there to feed information to the DVD player and overhead TV. So your question is probably why would I do that?

Well the point of keeping the center DVD player is now my children can watch a DVD in the center player on all three rear TV's while my wife and I watch a movie on the dash Kenwood unit. Also by using the RCA jacks on the console player we have the choice of whatever DVD or IPOD movie the Kenwood is playing up front to play on all three TV's in the back by simply pressing the mode button on the console DVD player.

I'll post pics if anyone is interested, this is just an FYI that it can be done unfortunately I am not a tech wizard at this level so I don't really know the ins and out of the factory HU move...but I know that it took 44 wires to get it done.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Yeah I think they made it more complicated than needed.. key is to know what wires are what, volatage rating and from there it's pretty easy.

Either way, glad you got it. It's nicer that way

·
Registered
9 Posts
While they might have done a nice job they did it the hard way IMO.:D

You can totally remove the OEM head unit and still make it work.
Use some resistor to drop any 12V ign to a 5V and feed that to the OEM dvd player.
do you have any more info on how to do this? Wire numbers/positions/pictures? I'm currently trying to get the center console dvd player and rear screen to work on mine after installing a Z1.

Thanks, Nate

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.