Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone installed one of these on their 2WD? It was a good deal for $199 and another $100 to get it installed. It rides very nice. I can't really tell the difference. I got the allignment done and now I just have to adjust my lights.
Anyone else have this lift and had any problems yet?

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Dont have it but heard lots of good about it. Have been thinking about it for a while. I kinda want a bigger lift though. still thinking ..... gonna give it some time.
m4ck

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
i believe these are the ones that blow out the top of your front struts :( stay away :!:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's what everyone said about the daystar so I went with this one cuz I heard good things about it. Too late now, it's already installed. Oh well, what's a truck if it is not being worked on all the time.....:)

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Not the Gagnon Smoke. I think the Daystar are the bad ones.
THe Gagnon ones are the ones that Greg from TT made I thought those were the good ones? Am I mistaken. Someone please.
m4ck

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
ooppps just did a search, your right m4ck. it is the daystar not the gagnon, my bad :oops:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Feel better now.....

:D

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
You are OK MrJayd. You have the good ones.
M4ck

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good to hear that. One thing I want to mention is that when I took the truck in to have this done, the top shock nuts (I believe) on both sides were not even finger tight. Very scary. Glad I took it in when I did.

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Interesting and scary. Hmm makes me want to go look things over. Thanks for telling us.
M4ck

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Another thing I would like to mention is when I got the allignment done, the shop told me that the left castor has gone out of spec by just a little and the other one is right on the border. What do the castor's do and should this be like this just from putting this lift on? What needs to be done to fix this>

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have these installed on my 2wd Titan with no issues. Truck looks good and aligment is good after a quick stop at Evans Tires in Socal... So far so good with mine. Loving ever second...

·
Registered
791 Posts
SMOKEDYA2 said:
i believe these are the ones that blow out the top of your front struts :( stay away :!:
You are thinking of the Daystar kits and those others that require you to disassemble the strut and place a $5 polyurethane washer between the top of the spring and the retainer. The PRG/Gagnon "Billet" leveling kit bolts to the top of the "still assembled" strut and lowers the mounting point to lift the truck with an actual increase in ride quality and no changing of the spring rate at all. Just installed mine today. :) Very happy so far.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts