Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some advice, please.

I am having a shiny new garage built with nice new concrete base. I want a floor coating to protect it that offers the following...

1. Hard wearing.
2. Non slip.
3. Able to move an Abba stand around unhindered
4. Long lasting
5. Fluid proof (petrol/oil etc.).

I have looked at rubber matting, garage floor tiles and many other solutions, but they all seem to have drawbacks from what I can see. For instance, rubber matting will likely cause problems with the Abba stand when the caster wheels sink into it and becomes stuck (the wheels are too small really)

The most promising looks to be 2 pack epoxy coating with a non slip additive. It seems to meet all of my criteria. Does anyone have any experience or opinions on this?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I need some advice, please.

I am having a shiny new garage built with nice new concrete base. I want a floor coating to protect it that offers the following...

1. Hard wearing.
2. Non slip.
3. Able to move an Abba stand around unhindered
4. Long lasting
5. Fluid proof (petrol/oil etc.).

I have looked at rubber matting, garage floor tiles and many other solutions, but they all seem to have drawbacks from what I can see grind and seal Raleigh. For instance, rubber matting will likely cause problems with the Abba stand when the caster wheels sink into it and becomes stuck (the wheels are too small really)

The most promising looks to be 2 pack epoxy coating with a non slip additive. It seems to meet all of my criteria. Does anyone have any experience or opinions on this?
thanks in advance for any help

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have had 2 garages with different coatings applied. The 1st was a 4 car garage that I applied a Home Depot epoxy without flakes. I don't remember the brand, possibly Dupli Color, but it was long wearing and easy to clean without any hot tire pickup. My current house has a 1200sf attached garage that I have owned for 13yrs. When I bought the house I had a company apply a multi layer white base/clear coat with colored flakes sealed under the clear. It has been reasonably well-wearing and durable, but It discolors easily from hot tire traffic. I have worked thousands of hours on various vehicles and projects, and the floor is showing some age. I have lots of discolored spots that can't be cleaned, and I bought 2 large Costco rubber mats to park my frequently used cars on. I got tired on cleaning the tire tracks every other week. It is pretty durable, and shows no marks from dragging or rolling anything heavy. That being said, on my next house I am simply going to have the concrete polished and then have a clear sealer applied. The epoxy floor looks great, but I'm tired of cleaning it. As for being non-slip, any coating is going to give less traction than bare concrete. The trade off is the more non-slip you make the floor, the harder it is to clean. I like my floor clean so I will always have at least a sealer coat. Also, If you lay on the floor often as I do, it's a lot easier to slide around under vehicles with a coated floor. Even on the wet epoxy floor without flakes I never slipped. Hope this helps, good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts