Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I have had my Titan almost 2 weeks now and Im very happy with it, only thing thats very apparent is the fuel cost, damn this thing guzzles it bad!, I am lucky if I get 270 miles to a full tank at $39.00 per tank filled its shocking!. 8O

I had a 3/4 Ton Chevy Truck with a 6.0 Vortec before my Titan and it was far better on gas and cost the same to fill up, are any of you feeling it in the wallet like me or is this pretty normal, I have the Duel Magnaflows and I am not thinking these help to eat gas, should be better with less back pressure?

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
This has probably been the MOST Talked about issue of the Titan.
My Titan is STILL basically Stock.
The first 3-4kmiles I got no more than 12mpg, as the motor 'Broke-in' @ 5k+, I started seeing 14-16mpg.
After I added my Tonneau cover, I get around 15-17mpg.
I live in an 'outer-suburban' neighborhood with some rural FM blactops (roads), All flat.
I've "learned" that Nissan built this truck to "Perform".
You want Economy, get a Horse! :lol: :lol:

Seriously, by dropping your Backpressure, your dropping your low-end torque. So, you may be giving it MORE gas to compensate. Give it some AIR with an Intake MOD. I've read, THAT Helps! :D

BTW! Welcome to th'CLUB!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I'm getting between 12 and 13 mpg and I have about 3kmi on the truck. Yeah it hurts the wallet, but I expected that and I'm ok with it. Everytime I think I want to complain about the mileage I just push my foot down more and get reminded why I'm ok with it. :)

·
Registered
294 Posts
My first couple of tanks I got 11 mpg. Im now at 2200 miles and its up to 13 mpg. really no highway just mixed city and suburbs. I have a 4x4 and off road pck. Its just so hard to keep my right foot outta it. Whats a guy to do when a chevy or dodge pulls next to you at a light ( ford owners know they are slow so I dont mess with them). Just gotta show them what it will do.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey no question I love the performance, its very nice :D but I didn't realise just how bad the gas gets eaten til I watch that gauge dropping.

Has anybody noticed better gas mileage with a cold air intake?, I am going to put a cover over the bed as I know that helps

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
TitanLimey said:
Has anybody noticed better gas mileage with a cold air intake?, I am going to put a cover over the bed as I know that helps
That's a tough question to answer. If your the type of person that is looking for more performance than I doubt your going to see any gains, at least I haven't from mine. The better it sounds the heavier the foot gets, know what I mean... :twisted:

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
After my custom Flowmaster exhaust and then the Volant install I get about 1.5mpg better. I am getting around 16.5 mpg. I am happy cause thats about what I was getting with my last truck (POS Dodge RAM). I have a lot more power and the truck is in a whole other class. I feel like GOLD when I'm driving the Titan. Now if I could just quit stomping the gas everytime I get in the truck I may get better mileage. ............Ah nevermind there is no way I'm gonna quit doing burnouts. LOL
M4ck

·
Registered
54 Posts
270 out of a tank full?? I wish I got that good. We bought our truck to pull our trailer. when were pulling 7000lbs trailer we get 7.5 to 8.5mpg. glad I dont drive it every day.
Sure has lots of get up and go though!!!
Greg from mi

TitanLimey said:
Okay I have had my Titan almost 2 weeks now and Im very happy with it, only thing thats very apparent is the fuel cost, damn this thing guzzles it bad!, I am lucky if I get 270 miles to a full tank at $39.00 per tank filled its shocking!. 8O

I had a 3/4 Ton Chevy Truck with a 6.0 Vortec before my Titan and it was far better on gas and cost the same to fill up, are any of you feeling it in the wallet like me or is this pretty normal, I have the Duel Magnaflows and I am not thinking these help to eat gas, should be better with less back pressure?

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey m4ck, where do you get those Volent Cold Air Intakes?

Could you tell me how much they are?, do you get a discount being a "Club Titan" clubbie?

I am still a lurker :roll: but shooting to become a newbie someday in the future! a lurker huh, kinda makes you feel like a snooper hehe :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
LOL
Actually I bought mine off of MikeZ. I think BiXLL can get them cheaper through this new guy. Hang on a few days and see if he doesn't come up with a group buy on them. If he does you will save some money.
Keep your eyes watching in the General Discussions area for a new Group Buy.
M4ck

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheers M4CK:

I will do that for sure, good to know and i will watch out for the groupie buy thing

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I seem to be the lucky one, I get near 415-450 of a tank. On a span where I push it I get as low as 350. I have never put in more than 24 gallons in it either. According to my math that gives me 14.5 - 18.75.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Remember there are lot of variables between the different models/options to do an even comparison. A 4x2 KC will get better mileage than a 4x4 CC with bigtow or off-road (lower gears) option. Then there are the other unknowns (tire pressure, gas additives, driving style, mountainous vs flat, etc).

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
GETSOMZ28 said:
Remember there are lot of variables between the different models/options to do an even comparison. A 4x2 KC will get better mileage than a 4x4 CC with bigtow or off-road (lower gears) option. Then there are the other unknowns (tire pressure, gas additives, driving style, mountainous vs flat, etc).
Oh Yeah, I forgot? :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
The supercharged 4 banger! There are few hills around here, I have a KC 4x2 and usually I am the only one driving it. :D

·
Registered
434 Posts
I get 12 around town - strictly stop and go. And that I got after 148 miles after a fill up on Friday (I was dying to see what it was getting, so only ran it down about 1/2 tank). Probably doing better than that if I averaged the whole tank. 3,500 miles on it. Haven't done the highway average yet, maybe making a trip in a couple weeks. I never check gas mileage on factory oil - got the oil change (#1) out of the way last week, so things should start improving MPG-wise. Plus, as mentioned earlier - your mileage won't level off until you have about 5K on the motor.

Those who bought a 340 c.i. V8 Titan and want to ***** about gas mileage should step down to a V6, or a 4-banger. How about a Solar-Powered Prius? Crappy gas mileage comes with the territory.

Try a 360 c.i. Durango for awhile, towing a camper. You'll appreciate your Titan after a few $45 dollar drinks at the pump with that gas swiller... trust me.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I got 15.6mpg driving it home from the dealer. My best milage was on a hilly road trip where I got 18.7mpg. I was happy with that, but with winter here and oxygenated fuel I have dropped to about 13mpg. My milage has not made a noticable increase with 6700 miles on truck so I'm holding out hope it will break in and get better. My truck is a 4x4 CC with O/R and B/T. Milage would probably go up a little if I drove it lighter on the throttle. Still better than my old F-250 with a 460 motor ever thought about for milage. 8)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts