Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 with a little over 93k on it. For the past few weeks we smell a strong gas smell when we start it up. I just changed the plugs a couple weeks ago to try and help mpg. It was getting about 11.5 and now is almost down to 11. Of course this is not accurate but it should be pretty close. I'm not sure if the mpgs and going down because of running the ac all the time or something more serious. Can anyone help or has had similar experience?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How would you go about checking for that. Also noticed a few days ago blue smoke out the exhaust. As far as I know that is the only time that has happened.

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
I'd check for cracked manifolds, which you should hear clearly when the truck is under load and not warmed up. A dirty MAF could also cause a rich condition and your fuel smell.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I took the MAF sensor out and it's pristine. Looks like its brand new. There does seem to be a ticking sound coming from the engine but I don't know if that's a normal sound or not. When you say a cracked manifold do you mean the intake?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts