Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have had an issue not everytime but alot when i go to fill the tank and let it sit there it stops buy it self and shoots gas out does this happen to anyone do we have a recall situation..let me know thank you ..

mauro

Attachments

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Yep, It happenned to me. Several times on one fillup. The mess was made so I thought I'd try to figure it out :roll:

I don't fill it on the high preset anymore and I'm careful on the lowest one. It has shut off several times this way with no spillage. If it shuts off I go manual and try to listen for the fuel backing up the fill pipe.

Other owners have said the Titan is a slow filler.

Maybe some pumps would work fine, but I got so mad the first time that I've been careful ever since.

Chief

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you i will try to be slow with the pump lol.

marlo

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I haven't noticed a problem with mine. I can tell you mine is not a slow filler. It sucks the gas down so fast it hurts! :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
your not kidding that is what pisses me off i put 45.oo dallars in with gas and 6.00 shoots out of the f ing tank as your filling it that sucks

mauro

·
Registered
294 Posts
There are some trucks with sending unit problems. I think they have to replace the part that delivers gas to the engine from the bottom of the fuel tank. I had a Dodge ram with the same issue. It would fill really slow and purge gas out the filler spout. It got worse to where the truck would die in traffic :( . There was a part at the bottom of the fuel tank that looked like a mesh sock. It was all rusty and was suppose to be the problem. Dodge never really fixed the problem I eventually just got rid of the truck.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok ill have them check it out when i take this weekend thank you for the heads up...

·
Registered
218 Posts
QWIKWHIP said:
I haven't noticed a problem with mine. I can tell you mine is not a slow filler. It sucks the gas down so fast it hurts! :)
LOL...right. Slow filler, fast burner. But the power it delivers makes it worth it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts