Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to remember reading in the manual the size of tank was 29 gallons. So far, I have yet to put in more than 23 Gallons with the low fuel light screaming at me. I don't like to go that far down on gas, but so far I'm not thinking I am that far down, even if I allow 2-3 gallons on the bottom that doesn't get sucked up. What is the real size of the tank?

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
i dont know but all i know is that when my light comes on i can go another20-30 miles until lthe needleis on the line and the most money i put in a tank was $62

·
Registered
28 Posts
It's a 29 Gallon tank - I assure you! On our last trip with the camper we were in the middle of Wyoming & the needle was past the red. We managed to get to a station & put in 28+ gallons! I too kinda wondered about the capacity when I would fill up & the most I had ever put in before was barely over 26. I guess they set the light & gauge so there is a good reserve just in case.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yep. You could be towing and getting 8 mpg. So they probably have it set to come on early because of that.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Yep it's a reserve.

The fuel acts as a cooler for the fuel pump. This is why they like to have 6 or so gallons in there.

Plus if you are in a situation where you need a reserve, you have it. You can go pretty far on 6 gallons.. towing - 8x6= 48 miles, 16mpgx6 = 96 miles

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
The standard tank is officially rated at 28.0 Gallons, not 29. The larger tank on the long bed versions holds 37.0 Gallons (140L).

Typically, when the light comes on, there is 6 to 8 Gallons left. Much better to fill up before the Gauge shows "E". Never good to let the light come on. Gas Pump failures are too common, and too expensive. Virtually any automotive gauge will read "E" before it is truly empty.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I have the LWB with the 37 gal tank so I don't let it get too low because I have to take out a loan to fill it! I usually only go down to about 1/2 tank. There a MANY reasons given here and on other Titan sites as to "how much" and "why" when it comes to what's actually left when it shows "empty". You have to pick the answer you like I guess..lol.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't like to let it get that low because it does take a 2nd mortgage to fill. However we went to the cheyenee mountain zoo this weekend and we started the trip with half a tank. I thought we wouldn't have any issues going to the Springs & back (150+/- Miles) and we would use 3/8 of it. Bad thought... Big accident on I-25 made a mess of traffic and according to the Nav we had no range left, no fuel in the tank etc... and I only put 23 gallons in. I have been wondering about this issue for awhile now and wasn't sure where it all laid out since I have had gas gauges lie to me in the past; usually on an older vehicle that says you are at 1/4 tank and you are running on fumes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.