Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone use Gaylord's tonneau X2000 Platium Series bed cover? I heard good review about it but I feel more confident to hear from you guys/gals here.

Thank you,
Tyltan

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Finally, I got the cover installed yesterday. I will post pictures later after I wash it. It has been raining in So. Cal for the last couple weeks and I just got back from the mountain. The truck is very dirty.

Here is my evail ( 1 to 10 ):

- Look = 10. I like the clean look instead of A.R.E which has the "pop up grove"
- Quality = 10 Nice and strong brackets and hardware.
- Paint = 8 Somehow the paint is not "Glossy and Sparkling" as the factory paint. May be I have to give it a good wax.
- Easy of operation = 9 It is not as light as I thought. It is quite heavy. You can't lift it up with one figure as claimed. Open and Close very smooth.
- Installation = N/A - I had it installed by professional - Highly recommended. Costed me $70

Overall the cover is awesome. I only have it for one day. It seem like it makes the ride better because the truck has more weight on the back. Less bouncy.

·
Registered
76 Posts
How much did you pay for yours, and what comapny did you get it from???

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I paid $1060.86 included tax and installation. I got via http://www.gaylordlids.com/

There is also a link http://www.gaylordslids.com/ This is a factory link. Make sure you get the X2000 series

The first link quoted me about 100 bucks cheaper. I can wait for the rain to stop here in So.Cal so I can wash my truck. It will be raining the next whole week.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thanks for the info. I found one for $727 at www.truckaddons.com Still looking into it though.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is a very good price. Is it X2000 series? I recommend the X2000. It has better bracket and hardware. You should go to Gaylords site and check out the model that they have.

·
Registered
76 Posts
It didn't say if it was the X2000, waiting for someone to email me back to let me know what model it is, but you know how that goes for customer service via email.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a SE King Cab and got a hard fiberglass tonneau from my local truck accessory center that is manufactured by covermaster (http://www.covermasterinc.com)(E-300, approx $850 installed). I have the utili-trac system and the only thing that had to be done was to cut off a small piece on the mounting clamp end and they fit great right in the tracks. The mounting clamps are four C-clamps and takes about 5 minutes to remove the cover. It looks great (Check out the spoiler look on the tail of the cover) and perfectly matches the paint (silver, hard to match) and has a very secure lock system. Will try to post a pic soon.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey guys and gals,
I finally have time to take pictures of my Gaylords bed cover.

Here are my eval for the product:

Look: 10
Paint quality: 9 - You have to give it a good wax then the color will match with manufacture paint.
Ease of operation: 7 - I have difficult time to use the lock. It's not easy to line up the key with the key hole. In addition, you have to be careful to if you have key chain because it is easy to scratch the paint when to try to lock and unlock the bed.
Fit: 9

Here are the pictures:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tattoomee said:
That thing LOOKS SweeeeeT Man!
Not too sure about the Lock location, though.
I am second to that. The first week of using it. I keep scratching the paint around the lock because my key chain is too long. I have to use 2 hands to lock and unlock the lock. SOLUTION? I detached the toneau key from the key chain if I lock and unlock the cover.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
the hard covers are the best and look it also. how much to get the cover painted?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I paid around $1100 included tax and installation.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Trogdor said:
Tyltan,

Have you noticed any mpg improvements due to improved aerodynamics?
I'm not sure he still owns that Titan.
Last I heard he gave/Traded his sister for her vehicle? (about 6 months ago)

·
Registered
681 Posts
Tattoomee said:
Trogdor said:
Tyltan,

I'm not sure he still owns that Titan.
Last I heard he gave/Traded his sister for her vehicle? (about 6 months ago)
Yeah I remember that ordeal, as well. But apparently, something worked out and he still has it as he was getting it lifted a week ago or so.

·
Registered
157 Posts
That is SWEET!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Trogdor said:
Tyltan,

I couldn't tell the different. The cover is very heavy. I doubt that I gain any gas mileage. It's very useful for me. I safely stored lugages on long trip with my family.
Sorry for late response. :(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts