Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '08 XE CC that I recently installed a 6" lift and 35's on. It's a 2wd and I'm going for the "pre-runner" look since there isn't any in my area. The truck is sluggish to say the least after putting the 35's on. I plan on installing a tru-trac diff also with the gear ratio change. I've been doing alot of research and I'm still confused on which ratio to go with. I've narrowed it down to either a 3.53 or 3.93. I want to get the snap back but also find a balance between fuel mileage since I use this truck to drive to work(5hrs one way). Anyone with either of these combinations can give me some feedback? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
Have you looked for gears for the Titan? There are very few after market gear sets for the Titan.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea and I've been reading alot on here too. I'm just wanting to know which one would be best to go with of the two. I was thinking about using the gearing out of a 4x4 rear end from the u-pull-it or just put the 3.93 set in my rear end. Im just wanting the best bang for my buck

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Yea and I've been reading alot on here too. I'm just wanting to know which one would be best to go with of the two. I was thinking about using the gearing out of a 4x4 rear end from the u-pull-it or just put the 3.93 set in my rear end. Im just wanting the best bang for my buck
I've never put gears in the Titan but I have in my old chevy and be ready for a new pain at the pump!! I went from the stock gears (3.29) to 3.73 with a locker and lost almost 2 miles to the gallon!! Now my day to day driving was affected very little (foot didn't get that much heavier) so I chalk it up to the gears itself. The tru trac is a good mod and I think I would look at engine tuning and a more free flowing exhaust (headers, high flow b-pipes, Uprev etc) as well as a CAI before I was dead set on gears. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have done a few upgrades: bully dog premium tune with 2 degree advance, magnaflow exhaust and k&n filter with air box mod. I know i'm gonna get it at the pump but I also never bought the titan for the excellent(sarcasm) fuel mileage. I'm ok with losing 2-3 mpg with the gear change. I just want the snap back with the new tires but no so much that im getting 10-12 mpg. I'm just looking for that happy medium. You would have to drive one with 2.93's and 35's to see what I mean by sluggish. Only time the tranny locks up in OD is on the interstate and it has to be a long flat section too.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I'd recommend that you use an online gear calculator and see what they say would give you back the oem feel and then go a little deeper so that you have a bit more grunt since those 35s weigh a bit more then the oem 32-33s.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts