Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys and gals. I just have a few hours left at work, then all the prep for the trip from Austin Texas to Santa Fe, NM to Keystone , CO, starts. Took everyones advice and ordered some tire chains just to be safe. I am so stoked about getting on the slopes. Actually I think I am more excited about getting the Titan out on the open road for a few weeks. Time for it's first oil change and put the K&N on it. WOOHOO!!!:rocker-big:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, after doing all my research from all of you on this site, my first oil change went smooth as all get out. Had the 14mm and 10 mm laid out and the right wrench for the baby oil filter. Not quite as easy as the Frontier, but still really easy, and a heck of a lot more room under there than the frontier. I went with the penzoil platinum 10w-30. I put a K&N air filter in until I can afford the cold air intake. Hopefully the 10w-30 will be ok for the short time we are in Colorado. Any input welcome there.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I'm sure it'll be ok for a short trip. I would use only 5W/30 as recommended ...especially in cold areas but again, relax and enjoy the trip. We want pics and info when you return. Have a safe trip!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Happy New Year all. Made the trip to Colorado and back with zero issues. Never had to pull the chains out and the Beast handled the icy conditions awesomely. Colorado was awesome and I am so tempted to move up there some day. Hated leaving. Now to drain the oil and put the correct viscosity in. LOL. Hope everyone had a great Christmas and an even better New Year.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Happy New Year all. Made the trip to Colorado and back with zero issues. Never had to pull the chains out and the Beast handled the icy conditions awesomely. Colorado was awesome and I am so tempted to move up there some day. Hated leaving. Now to drain the oil and put the correct viscosity in. LOL. Hope everyone had a great Christmas and an even better New Year.
Good to hear! Now for OUR Christmas present...we want pics!! lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts