Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with GFChips.com. They're advertising a horsepower and mileage gain with a $69 chip replacement.

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
There is no chip replacement for the Titan. All these eBay "chips" are nothing more than a 10 cent resistor. They don't work; are a waste of time and money.
The only thing available are the tuners, like Bully Dog, Superchips, and UpRev.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
True. Sometimes you have to use common sense. Nobody's going to give you a HP upgrade for $70. As already stated, there are .15 resistors that trick the ECU into thinking the engine never warms up and keeps it in a closed loop mode but that won't add HP...just eat gas. The cheapest you'll find for a power boost is one of the handheld tuners and they start around $350. I have the BullyDog tuner myself and the biggest benefit IMO is the ability to remove the WOT restrictions the Titan has.

·
Registered
1 Posts
can any one tell me how to find and remove one of these nockoff chips.i just bought an 05 and it has intake and exhaust,but i think it eats fuel

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
These are usually spliced into the wiring going to the MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor located in the air intake tube.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts