Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed my Gibson last night. Took 1 hour and that includes all tools cleaned up and a 10 minute test drive. Awesome is all I can say! :D It fit perfectly, sounds awesome, and feels faster. I had a Flowmaster 40 and I think I actually lost power with that and going to the Gibson was a dramatic difference. So I don't think it will be as big a difference going stock to Gibson but it should be alittle quicker. It sounds just as mean but much quiter inside the cab and no drone. Absolutly love it. It's worth every penny. :) Here's a few pics. Oh, and no, I can't post a sound clip, :cry: I have no way to do so, sorry. Enjoy. 8)

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
You got the exact kit I was going to get if I was not going to go with the split dual set-up. Nice install. You sure do drive through some adverse conditions up there. :lol:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Caltitan said:
You got the exact kit I was going to get if I was not going to go with the split dual set-up. Nice install. You sure do drive through some adverse conditions up there. :lol:
Thanks. Believe it or not I don't even drive it all that often as I drive a company car to work. :D The salt spray on the exhaust was from a 10 minute test drive and that's all. Damn salt! :evil:

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
yea i love mine to. what did you think about the resonator in front of the muffler? im thinkin im going to try mine with it out and strait pipe in place. im affraid that it might lose some low end power though :(

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
SMOKEDYA2 said:
yea i love mine to. what did you think about the resonator in front of the muffler? im thinkin im going to try mine with it out and strait pipe in place. im affraid that it might lose some low end power though :(
Get it out of there.... :lol: You won't lose any low end torque, been there and luckily did that. :lol:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SMOKEDYA2 said:
I think I'm gonna leave it for now. One of the guys over on TT, and I think he's here to, he posted some clips of it removed. It sounded raspy to me. I like the way it sounds now. After the obnoxiuos Flowmaster I had, I'm cool with a little less noise for now. :) Once the weather warms up I may try and take it off and see how it sounds just for the heck of it. I just so happen to have some 3" pipe laying around. 8)

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
JetTech said:
Get it out of there.... :lol: You won't lose any low end torque, been there and luckily did that. :lol:
thanks, i think i will go get some pipe and try it out :D . i knew it looked restrictive, called the gibson # and talked to some one there. they told me that "it was spiraled and designed like that to improve flow" . :roll:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts