Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed the Gibson split dual exhaust system? The description says that the 4WD spare may have to be removed in order to run dual out the back. Why would this be different than a 2WD? The spare can't be that much bigger, or does it pertain to another issue ... suspension? Help!!

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Hey man, If I'm thinking right.....there should not be any difference in the wheel/tires unless it's the offroad package, even then, the size is almost the same (I think).

Someone on here HAS the Gibson dual split installed..... :? Just can't remember who..........sorry.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I am torn btn the FM 70 and the gibson. Anyone know the comparison btn the two when it comes to highway noise?

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have the extreme dual, which exits out the sides. I think he is talking about the pipes coming straight out the back.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Yes "caltitan" has the Flowmaster 70 dual cat back kit - you were so close on my username Firecracker :lol: Check my sig for the link to hear it and get more info.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have the dual sport, out one side. BTW, 04crew, are your ends parallel, or cantelever? Mine come out with the psgr side pipe ahead of and slightly below the driver side pipe. It's OK and may be designed that way for exhaust flow, but I thought the picture showed both pipes coming out at the same level. Did I install them wrong?

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
I've got the Gibson dual extremes on and you don't have to worry about removing the spare. All fits nicely on a 4x4..

·
Registered
226 Posts
I saw on the forum you had the Gibson Dual Extremes. How is the cabin noise? I'm a new owner of a Titan but would was looking into some performance upgrades and looking at doing the Volant and Exhaust combo...the only thing though I didn't want to have a noisy or droned out cabin.

In your opinion how is the exhaust system you installed in your vehicle.

Thanks a bunch

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
TX_Flip said:
I saw on the forum you had the Gibson Dual Extremes. How is the cabin noise? I'm a new owner of a Titan but would was looking into some performance upgrades and looking at doing the Volant and Exhaust combo...the only thing though I didn't want to have a noisy or droned out cabin.

In your opinion how is the exhaust system you installed in your vehicle.

Thanks a bunch
No drone at all and they are surprisingly quiet. Not the constant drone that you'll typically get with flowmasters...

Check with some of the JBA owners too, I don't think theirs drones either.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts