Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just wanted to check in and introduce myself. My girl decided it was time to trade in her old car (a supercharged 04 Impala SS). Unfortunately, I had to work so it was all on her and her brother.

To my surprise, she came home with an 08 Titan 4-door. From what I can tell, it's a base model truck but the first owner upgraded to the chrome factory rims. It also has a Nismo cai and Flowmaster exhaust. She came home late last night with it so I haven't had much time to really inspect it. But so far, I really love the truck. A lot!

This is HER truck, but I'll be modding it. I have a 500+ horsepower 03 Cobra, so I can't leave a perfectly good vehicle alone. That's why I joined, to get some tips an tricks and see what works and what doesn't. This is new territory for me. I've always been a hotrod/car guy so I'll be needing all the help I can get from y'all here in the full size truck world.

I doubt I'll get to crazy on horsepower mods. Just bolt-ons probably, buy you guys know how that goes. It snowballs fast. I really want to focus on the exterior. Looking at grills right now. I like the wheels on it, but she wants black rims. I'm thinking something with a satin black finish and a chrome lips.

Anyhow, just wanted to introduce myself. Real excited to get to work on HER truck.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Congrats to you and your girl man. There is a ton of info here for modding. When it comes to power, you came to the right place.... Welcome to Club Titan.

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Welcome to CT, your in the right place for performance mods! Where are ya from?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I've never been thrilled with 'Chokemaster' exhaust but it will do for now. Doesn't sound too bad. I doubt a different catback will be worth the cash we could invest someplace else. I also suspect it has some sort of leveling kit but not sure. I need to crawl under this thing and check once I get a second.

Welcome to CT, your in the right place for performance mods! Where are ya from?
North central Oklahoma. Waukomis specifically. Just outside of Enid for anyone familiar with Oklahoma.

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
How about a pic of your new toy? We LOVE pics around here!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will do. I'll snap some quick ones with my iPhone and maybe you guys can tell me if the ride height has been modified any.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Not the best pic but you guys kind of get the idea. Please ignore my work van in the background. I feel we have a good base to start with.

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
you still have a slight rake so I am going to say you are at stock hieght. Like the OEM chrome wheels, but people want too much for them for me! Nice window tinting. By the black door handles it looks to be an XE, so the running boards had to be added on also. Looks like you got a great start!

·
Registered
304 Posts
I like the Chrome wheels. Let me know when and if you plan to sell them and how much. If we can make a deal maybe we can meet in OKC? Welcome to the club. The Nismo CAI is a good one. I know that Bill said it looks stock on the suspension, but it looks a little low to me. Could be that I'm used to seeing the 4x4's though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
By the black door handles it looks to be an XE, so the running boards had to be added on also. Looks like you got a great start!
It's actually an SE (at least that what it says on the tailgate). I need to search the site and stickys on here to figure out the differences.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Welcome to CT. I had an 07 SE and it came with chrome clad wheels, chrome handles, mirrors, grille, & bumpers.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Welcome to the Club. Youve come to the right place for all the info you need for the Beast.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Welcome to the club! Titans are great for modding. With the basic bolt-on's like magnaflow exhaust, nismo intake, doug thorley headers, and Uprev tuning, you will have a high 13 second truck.

·
Vendor
39 Posts
i think it looks like it might be lowered a little also. maybe when youre going over it check for some shackles. i do look at lifted trucks a lot, so i might not have the best nack for spotting stock height. welcome

·
Registered
675 Posts
welcome to CT. like said a good intake (which you have), headers, a flow through muffler, and Uprev tuning will really wake these trucks up. Good luck and have fun with the modding. there is a lot of info on this site and the people on here are willing to help and share so feel free to post question you have

·
Registered
612 Posts
Welcome to Club Titan. Hang on to your girlfriend. Not too many who are smart enough to buy a Titan!

·
Registered
116 Posts
you still have a slight rake so I am going to say you are at stock hieght. Like the OEM chrome wheels, but people want too much for them for me! Nice window tinting. By the black door handles it looks to be an XE, so the running boards had to be added on also. Looks like you got a great start!
i have a new SE and i have the black handles

1 - 20 of 29 Posts