Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I put the 1.5" PRG Mini Lift on my truck so I could get my new tires (295/70-18) under there and got bit by the bug. This lift does the trick for the most part (still rubs @ full lock when I'm going up or down hill) but the tires look as if they are forced under there. I am looking for something with 3" up front and 2" in the back as a minimum and a 4" all around as a max I think. Don't know that 6" would be too much but I think it might be. I'm wanting some feedback on how you guys think I should do it. I talked to Greg @ PRG and he said the adjustable coil overs would ride like S**T so I need an actual lift. I was thinking about the Rancho 4" but want some feedback. I am probably not going to tackle this again until next year but we will see.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Post a pic of your truck, I'd like see what it looks like.
Look up a thread called PRG 1.5" lift installed today and look at post #10 and you'll see it

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I put the 1.5" PRG Mini Lift on my truck so I could get my new tires (295/70-18) under there and got bit by the bug. This lift does the trick for the most part (still rubs @ full lock when I'm going up or down hill) but the tires look as if they are forced under there. I am looking for something with 3" up front and 2" in the back as a minimum and a 4" all around as a max I think. Don't know that 6" would be too much but I think it might be. I'm wanting some feedback on how you guys think I should do it. I talked to Greg @ PRG and he said the adjustable coil overs would ride like S**T so I need an actual lift. I was thinking about the Rancho 4" but want some feedback. I am probably not going to tackle this again until next year but we will see.
Bump!! No one has an opinion here??

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bump!!! No opinions out there??

·
Registered
756 Posts
Well I commented on your other thread about going up a little higher. I dont have experience on lifts but I do know that with that size rubber you have under there, the mini lift isnt going to cut it.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I commented on your other thread about going up a little higher. I dont have experience on lifts but I do know that with that size rubber you have under there, the mini lift isnt going to cut it.
Agreed. I'm looking for different options out there. Appreciate the feedback

·
Registered
547 Posts
Rancho makes a 4 inch suspension lift, 2000.00, but at that price you can get a 6 inch pro comp. Any larger leveling kit and you lose more of your downward suspension drop. The leveling kits in effect only push your Lower Control Arm down further thus lifting the truck and taking away suspension travel. Same principal as cranking up the torsion bars on older trucks. Suspension lifts lower the lower control arms and do not take away front suspension travel.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rancho makes a 4 inch suspension lift, 2000.00, but at that price you can get a 6 inch pro comp. Any larger leveling kit and you lose more of your downward suspension drop. The leveling kits in effect only push your Lower Control Arm down further thus lifting the truck and taking away suspension travel. Same principal as cranking up the torsion bars on older trucks. Suspension lifts lower the lower control arms and do not take away front suspension travel.
I can get the Rancho with 4 shocks for $1680 from 4wheelparts.com. And $1620 for the 6 inch procomp with 2 rear shocks from same company.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Did you check out the 4wd extended travel package from PRG? I got the mini lift with the upper control arms, but plan on upgrading to this package, as I've heard good things about it. Just wondering if these might be the same or similar coilovers that you were cautioned against?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Did you check out the 4wd extended travel package from PRG? I got the mini lift with the upper control arms, but plan on upgrading to this package, as I've heard good things about it. Just wondering if these might be the same or similar coilovers that you were cautioned against?
This is a suspension lift unlike my minilift. It would be fully functional suspension lift. My problem is the $3000+ price tag.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You said it man. Go Big or go Home! Sounds to me like your getting a 6 in. lift. I love mine, no complaints here. Nice stiff ride with that fabtech too. Keep um Titan wet fellas!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Go with the 6" lift. The 2 extra inches are nice and give extra room and clearance for bigger wheels and tires.

Save yourself the headache now by installing the delrin washers when you put the lift on and not have to do it later.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts