Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got quotes of $1300 for BF Goodrich MT-TA KM2 35x12.5x18 and $1500 for Toyo Open Country MT same size, out the door. I've had a set of Revos before and liked them fine, but have heard great things about the Toyos. For the price difference which would you guys go with? Or, for the same price which set do y'all like, it ain't my money.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Toyo Open Country MT
Cooper Discoverer STT (best bang for the buck when $$$ is a concern)

Also checkout the Kumho Road VENTURE MT KL71

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
either one, you can not go wrong...

·
Registered
179 Posts
Goodrich, the only reason i say this is because they are a crap load lighter which equals to less stress on parts and better gas mileage.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
great point! I've heard many of the M/Ts are heavyweights like you wouldn't believe. I'll take that fact into consideration, thanks.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have 35" toyo mts right now and i love them. But then is started looking at 37's and the bf goodrich 37's are lighter than the 35" toyos i have now. I though that was pretty impressive. Im not talking about a little ligther either. They are 19lbs lighter a tire than my toyos.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've found the specs, finally, and in the 35x12.5x18 toyo m/ts vs goodrich m/ts the toyo's are 14lbs a piece heavier! Now, what does that mean? Well, do the toyo's wear significantly longer than the km2s? That may be, along with the fact that the toyo's have a 500 lb per tire better load rating than the km2s, and I do haul a 7000 lb travel trailer with my family in the truck. I like the RWL on the bridgestones, maybe some don't. Gas mileage and performance definitely have to suffer somewhat with the heavier toyo's. Both tires have advantages it appears, and both tires look great. If you own either / or don't despair.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
yamatitan said:
Goodrich, the only reason i say this is because they are a crap load lighter which equals to less stress on parts and better gas mileage.
That's interesting....

35x12.5-18

BFG Mud-Terrain™ T/A® KM2 - 67 lbs

Toyo OPEN COUNTRY M/T ® - 81 lbs

Kumho Road Venture MT KL71 - 74 lbs

·
Registered
30 Posts
I haven't had to change tires on the Titan yet but have had the BFG A/T' s on several before. 55K is the worst I have had out of any of them. They last a long time if you keep them rotated and balanced.

·
Registered
383 Posts
BFG all the way!

·
SHIFT_CT's_"Screech"
3,623 Posts
I think the 35" Toyos have weight rating E and thus are a 10 ply making them heavier. Just a thought. I don't know if that's right or wrong though.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, I touched on that earlier. The Bf's load rating isn't very good. I've been looking at the PRO COMP EXTREME MT and like them a lot, now they are an E load tire and look bad***. Buy 3 get 1 right now. Anybody had experience with the PRO COMP tires?

·
SHIFT_CT's_"Screech"
3,623 Posts
I haven't heard the best things about Pro comp tires. Now I have ZERO experience with them. That's just what I've heard.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
etalian2005 said:
I haven't heard the best things about Pro comp tires. Now I have ZERO experience with them. That's just what I've heard.
.... x2 ....

·
Registered
383 Posts
Looks like you could be the first person to give feedback on the procomps. My friend has the AT's and he says they are awesome.

·
SHIFT_CT's_"Screech"
3,623 Posts
When I do lift my truck, I will be getting Toyo M/Ts. I've never heard anyone say a bad thing about them. Again, this is solely hearsay evidence.

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
gasman said:
I haven't had to change tires on the Titan yet but have had the BFG A/T' s on several before. 55K is the worst I have had out of any of them. They last a long time if you keep them rotated and balanced.
They were like rocks but also suck offroad. The compound is too hard.

·
SHIFT_I did it the hard way... I earned it.
4,341 Posts
titan4x said:
Yeah, I touched on that earlier. The Bf's load rating isn't very good. I've been looking at the PRO COMP EXTREME MT and like them a lot, now they are an E load tire and look bad***. Buy 3 get 1 right now. Anybody had experience with the PRO COMP tires?
Local tire dealer here told me that Pro Comp tires are made by BFG. What do you guys know about that?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts