Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rental truck. I have to say the darn thing is fast. Remove traction control (a button that Nissan should have!!) and it is crisp and throaty on the low end. The torque and horsepower build nicely throughout the range. Also, having the mustang 5.0 means mod city, if you want to.

If my truck is totaled (don’t know yet) I will not buy another Titan- I’ll buy a 5.0 150 or maybe a 6.2 on the sole fact that I can turn off traction control and not have to buy a tuner for 400.00! Nissan does not even offer the option to buy a traction control on/off- ridiculous! Nissan is asleep at the wheel- they had a good truck and they let everyone pass them by.

Anyone looking to buy a Titan should look at one of these, you will be impressed.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I drove the F-150 with the turbo charged V6 last week. I was very surprised with it. It pulled like a diesel and was getting good mpg for a truck. Might be my next truck.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
i to have the f150 as a rental while mine is being fixed i like the truck but the motor is a dog to me not get up and go i wish they have the turbo v6 i have heard its a beast

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea line up with a 5.0 150 you better be ready because if they turn the traction control off it will be vedy close to a stock titan...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Rental truck. I have to say the darn thing is fast. Remove traction control (a button that Nissan should have!!) and it is crisp and throaty on the low end. The torque and horsepower build nicely throughout the range. Also, having the mustang 5.0 means mod city, if you want to.

If my truck is totaled (don’t know yet) I will not buy another Titan- I’ll buy a 5.0 150 or maybe a 6.2 on the sole fact that I can turn off traction control and not have to buy a tuner for 400.00! Nissan does not even offer the option to buy a traction control on/off- ridiculous! Nissan is asleep at the wheel- they had a good truck and they let everyone pass them by.

Anyone looking to buy a Titan should look at one of these, you will be impressed.
Well seeing as how expensive the new f150s are you could probably buy a programmer to remove traction control and every other mod you would want plus wheels and tires and still come out cheaper then going with a ford. And best of all you wouldn't have to drive an ugly truck around.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yea line up with a 5.0 150 you better be ready because if they turn the traction control off it will be vedy close to a stock titan...
If thats your reason for looking at a ford then you sir are an idiot, fords do no hold there resale value like Nissans do, Nissans look a hell of alot better ride better and are simply better, if you want a ford be my guest and get one but dont sit here in a Titan forum and say they are better. There not, and ill line up beside you any day and race so pft. :scheibe-big:

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm confused. If I turn off VDC on my T I can roast the tires all day long, no traction control engages ever.

Is this new for 2011 or am I missing something?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nissan does not even offer the option to buy a traction control on/off- ridiculous! Nissan is asleep at the wheel- they had a good truck and they let everyone pass them by.
Maybe that's because the engineers at Nissan never anticipated that someone would try to take a platform not designed for racing, possessing the aerodynamic qualities of a toaster oven, and race it.

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Maybe that's because the engineers at Nissan never anticipated that someone would try to take a platform not designed for racing, possessing the aerodynamic qualities of a toaster oven, and race it.
Now that6 there is funny!!!!!:thumbsup-big:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:duh:
If thats your reason for looking at a ford then you sir are an idiot, fords do no hold there resale value like Nissans do, Nissans look a hell of alot better ride better and are simply better, if you want a ford be my guest and get one but dont sit here in a Titan forum and say they are better. There not, and ill line up beside you any day and race so pft. :scheibe-big:
ha ha funny I smoke you in my rent-a-truck lol

I probably will not buy a F150 but.... Ford did a good job on this truck. I can’t imagine how modded this truck will end up being since you could basically follow in the wake of the Mustang modders. I took traction control off / advace track off power braked it and roasted the tires down endlessly. I put it in 1st power braked it and had the tires billowing white smoke through the cab and had the whole truck sideways like launching a Mustang bouncing the rev limiter

If you worsship Nissan they will never change anything!!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm confused. If I turn off VDC on my T I can roast the tires all day long, no traction control engages ever.

Is this new for 2011 or am I missing something?
yea you are doing that on ICE!! just kidding LOL

My 09' VDC on/off does nothing

·
Registered
88 Posts
yea you are doing that on ICE!! just kidding LOL

My 09' VDC on/off does nothing
Interesting. Nissan obviously changed it in '11 then. That makes me happy. :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
I find it comical that people buy full size trucks and even 3/4 tons and duallys an race them. I mean u may piss me off in traffic and me throw a little extra throttle on it and spin a little. If u want a performance oriented machine buy a sports car, yes the 5.6 is impressive but nothing about this overgrown crew cab makes me wanna jump on the mustang beside me at a red light even if I think I could.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I find it comical that people buy full size trucks and even 3/4 tons and duallys an race them. I mean u may piss me off in traffic and me throw a little extra throttle on it and spin a little. If u want a performance oriented machine buy a sports car, yes the 5.6 is impressive but nothing about this overgrown crew cab makes me wanna jump on the mustang beside me at a red light even if I think I could.
I have a sports car as well as my Titan and I enjoy driving them both equally. Throw 1,000 pounds in the trunk of a Mustang and let's go. LOL

Not to take away from the Titan but there's a Ford Superduty dually in my town here that runs in the 10's all day long. Of course it's loaded with everything Banks makes for the diesel, but it leaves damn near everything on the street in its dust.

If you aren't a straight line guy then what you say makes sense, but those of us that are into straight line love the Titan when compared to other gas models on the road.

·
Registered
215 Posts
The new 5.0L doesn't impress me and it took Ford like.... what.......nearly 9 years to come up with a competitive engine to the Titan? That right there is hilarious! And, it still doesn't beat the Titan per se if the T has WOT enabled with a programmer. It just matches it in performance. It took them NINE years to finally match the Titan in performance. Great job Ford guys.....not!

The aftermarket potential is going to be greater with the Ford engine, but you still have only 5.0L worth of engine displacement in a heavy truck application. Since there's no replacement for displacement when it comes to N/A engines, the 5.6L will always offer more power under the curve, mod for mod, than the smaller 5.0L. Torque is sort of important for heavy vehicles like trucks if you didn't notice.

When Nissan adds direct injection and VVT to the exhaust cams of the Endurance in the Titan, you're going to be looking at around 400hp (like the current QX56) and once again, the F-150 is going to be at the back of the pack compared to the Titan. Add a 6-7 or even 8 speed transmission for a super deep 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear ratio, nothing is going to be able to catch the Titan. The only interesting engine they have in the F-150 lineup is the Ecoboost due to fact you can easily turn up the boost for more power.

From what I've read on the internet, the 5.0L is a high reving engine with not much torque down low. You have to get the revs up to get into the meat of the powerband. Sounds like the 5.3L Chevy engine to me. Of course, I'll have to reserve final judgement until I get to drive one myself.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
miketan you are right about the torque and powerband i have one as a rental and i say i can't wait to get the titan back the ford is nice just not my titan

·
Registered
547 Posts
Ford and Nissan in a side by side equipment comparison, there is no comparison. My Titan LE crew came with so much more for over 5k less (46k to 40,750). Nav DVD sunroof DOHC 4 valves per cylinder. So now your saying 5 years later they have caught up? But still cost more and have less resale value? OK If I was to buy an american truck it would be a ford but until that day, I'll pass and shop Titan and Tacoma first.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I just want to know why someone would buy a competitors truck because it doesn't have a button to turn off something it doesn't have...lol. No Titan has "Traction Control". There is VDC, which IS turned off with the button...and if yours doesn't, have it checked or yank a fuse. It also can have ABLS which doesn't kill power. I think your talking about the WOT restriction...which is easily removed by any of the tuners available for the Titan.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I just want to know why someone would buy a competitors truck because it doesn't have a button to turn off something it doesn't have...lol. No Titan has "Traction Control". There is VDC, which IS turned off with the button...and if yours doesn't, have it checked or yank a fuse. It also can have ABLS which doesn't kill power. I think your talking about the WOT restriction...which is easily removed by any of the tuners available for the Titan.
ABLS is traction control, limits wheel slip, or at least tries to.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts