Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do, lots of it,way to much of it. I dont know if its just because the truck is new or what (only 1500 miles). Out of all the vehicles I have owned, this is the worst case of it I have had. I am seriosly thinking of trying to get the dealership to change the pads and resurface the rotors. If they wont, I may do it myself. I may look into some aftermarket dust shields too if they have made them for it yet. Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Before I got the front brake fix, oh ya. But now not so bad.

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Titan_Fan said:
Before I got the front brake fix, oh ya. But now not so bad.
What did you have fixed? I have had no problems, but I get massive brake dust on front wheels!

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
typically the brake dust will go way down after you get about 5k miles on it. After that the only time I used to see it was after driving in the rain. Hang in there, it will get better.

·
SHIFT_Barney Fife
1,438 Posts
brakes need to set in then everything will be goooooooooooddddddddd

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
talk about resurrecting an old thread. LOL you dug deap to get this one.
Havent seen Deest in a very very long time. He was a cool guy too. We never figured out what happened to him. Just disapeared. Even tried emailing him.
M4ck

·
Go fast tester
11,912 Posts
I was like...IT"S JETTECH!!! Then I seen the date...man this is OLD!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Ya it's an oldie, but a goodie. That brake dust sux. I thought about getting those thingy ma whoppers for the fronts to prevent it...can't remember what they're called. They're a round piece that fits inside the rim to keep the dust off.
I think it may look gay on my rims though b/c they would show too much. My rims are too open.

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
I have them on, they are called Kleen Wheels. They do a great job, and I don't think they look bad at all!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Hmmm, they do look alright. They're not even noticeable in your pic.

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Here is a close up of them, they really don't look bad at all, and work great! Devin @ TruckOutfitters, (a sponsor) has them at a very reasonable price.($37.00 a set if I remember right)

Attachments

·
SHIFT_Audio/Video_Moderator
3,954 Posts
bixll said:
Here is a close up of them, they really don't look bad at all, and work great! Devin @ TruckOutfitters, (a sponsor) has them at a very reasonable price.($37.00 a set if I remember right)
Yeah, these shields are great. My wheels stay spotless. BiXLL, I notice you're vent slots are single cuts at each spoke opening. Mine has 2 cuts per opening. They must have added the extra slot somewhere along the line. I actually opened mine up a little more with a slotted screwdriver to increase the air flow to the discs a little more.

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Blue_Water_Rush said:
bixll said:
Yeah, these shields are great. My wheels stay spotless. BiXLL, I notice you're vent slots are single cuts at each spoke opening. Mine has 2 cuts per opening. They must have added the extra slot somewhere along the line. I actually opened mine up a little more with a slotted screwdriver to increase the air flow to the discs a little more.
It may be due to us having the different wheels?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts