Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering what some of you thought about graffic kits compared to paint jobs? I dont know much about them, like if they ruin the paint or anything. what are your guys opinion of this graffic on my truck? installed I found a guy in town to do it for $260 with the graffic. graffic is 12" x 110" long and comes in 100's of color combanations and 25 different designs. check them out at www.stylinconcepts.com

Attachments

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
I, personally, am not a big fan of these....that said, I have seen some that made me do a "double-take" to see if it was just graffics or really paint! Hey, if you like them, the get'em. The advantage of these are that they ARE removeable. :wink:

If you have a photo imaging program on your computer, you can manipulate that image onto your truck to get an Idea of how it looks prior to spending the $$$. I tend to do this ALOT! (The wife is TIRED of me asking her "what do you think?" :lol: )

Good luck in your choice! :wink:

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont have any programs like that yet. mabye you could do it for me? :D :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Here is a quicky picture done with that graphic and your truck. Actual result will look similar but not the same. I dont know how long that would actually come out on the side of the truck. should be close though.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
m4ck said:
Here is a quicky picture done with that graphic and your truck. Actual result will look similar but not the same. I dont know how long that would actually come out on the side of the truck. should be close though.
You continue to impress me man!

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Why do I impress you. I thought all us southern boy ******** were good with computers. LOL

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
m4ck said:
Sweet, M4ck! You beat me to it! Good job, by the way!! You using PS?

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey you guys thanks for the pic it looks great!!
the actuall graffic will only be a couple of inches shorter, good guess on size.
so none off you would do this though? Its not to "ricer" as they say. And thanks for not critizing me for thinking about these, if I would have put this topic on titantalk those guys would have ripped me a new a**hole.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
SMOKEDYA2 said:
so none of you would do this though? Its not to "ricer" as they say. And thanks for not critizing me for thinking about these, if I would have put this topic on titantalk those guys would have ripped me a new a**hole.
Not too sure I would do it. Just not the look I'm wanting really.

And as far are critizing you, we won't....everyone has his/her own opinion. Look at my bedcover, for instance. How many people would want to put plywood in back of their $25K truck?! :wink:

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[quote="firecracker How many people would want to put plywood in back of their $25K truck?! :wink:[/quote]
I would.........if I was hauling it somewhere. Just kidding. do you have any pics of your plywood top?

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
now that is a nice lookin setup, you kinda made it sound jenky at first, but thats some nice craftmanship. you not got me thinkin, I might do something similar. have you put a whole bunch of weight on top yet? know how much it can handle?
you said you like to ride, you should get a stensile of the FOX logo and paint that on the top of the plywood, that would set it off!!

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Yeh Firecracker I use PhotoShop. Been using it a long time. I do all the graphics on this site including all the ads except for the Gibson, and Volant ad's. They sent theirs to us. Even the controversial ClubTitan logo at the top of the site was done all in PS.

I have actually been looking at a lot of different graphics for the Titan. I just haven't really found anything I felt looked right. If I do I will definately let you know. I am leaning more towards wanting some really nice paint work done. But we know thats a little expensive. Maybe I will start a PayPal fund for everyone to contribute to get my Titan custom painted. LOL
M4ck

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'll chip in a quarter for a smilly face sticker on your back window :D . LOL

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
After reading your post, I said "nah". It just my oppinion and taste. And then, M4ck came in with his PS expertise. He changed my mind. It looks cool with the graphic.

Hopefully, it looks as nice as the picture in real life.

Have fun with it. It's your truck. You pay for it.

Some of my friends (include my wife) against me "black out" my tail light, but it's my truck. I pay for it and I am the one that drive it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Great job with the photoshop fellas! To each his own on what he/she does to their ride, but I have not been a big fan of the stick-on grafix myself. Even to many stickers on the windows doesnt look good,imo. Just draws attention to the decals, not the ride itself.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
DeesT said:
...Even to many stickers on the windows doesnt look good,imo. Just draws attention to the decals, not the ride itself.
Except for that clubtitan.org decal of course.

Great job on the PS projection m4ck! But I think it would look better with a smaller flame graphic since you are not that modded out on your exterior except for the wheels. Look at the photos in the gallery of the SEMA show for some really nice graphics on Titans.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts