Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever tried taking the grill out. I " tried " today and found myself looking for a clip or something to remove the face of the damb thing. I really hope I dont have to pull the head light assy. out to do this. Any help. DON'T ASK I'LL SHOW YOU WHEN I GET IT DONE AND I GET A DIGI CAMERA. :wink:

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
I plan on taking mine out tomorrow, and I have digi camera.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I believe there are 10 clips holding the grill in place, four across the top, two on the bottom, two on the inside bottom corner (will probably need a light to see these) and two clips on the side that will pop off with the grill. All the others have a slot on the square head that you just twist and it will release.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ask cause the two clips on the sides closest to the headlamp assy seem to not come loose. I just don't want to break it, I see dollar signs when I work on the plastic parts.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
If it's the ones I'm thinking about, they just pop off and stay on the grill. I've removed my grill several times and replaced it with a painted grill and never had a problem. If you have a long flat blade screwdriver it helps to access the ones on the bottom.

·
Registered
446 Posts
FlatBlack said:
I ask cause the two clips on the sides closest to the headlamp assy seem to not come loose. I just don't want to break it, I see dollar signs when I work on the plastic parts.
7 clips - 4 on top 3 on bottom that turn 1/4 turn with a flathead screwdriver.
2 each side that you will have to give a "good faith tug" on. Brace yourself so that when they pull out of one side you don't pull it too far and it snaps the other side off.
You might already know this....Pull the clips off the truck that turn the 1/4 turn and stick them back in the grill then just push the grill back on to reassemble.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, SO it is the same as my Frontier. I just didn't want to have to be on the market for a new grill or the 12.50 clips :lol:

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Those 2 clips on the side can be squeezed together from the backside, and will pull out easy, no "good faith tug" needed!

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
I just changed out both upper and lower grills today, and got some good pics. I will post a how to with the pics when time permits.

·
Registered
253 Posts
llajumpvid said:
FlatBlack said:
7 clips - 4 on top 3 on bottom that turn 1/4 turn with a flathead screwdriver.
2 each side that you will have to give a "good faith tug" on. quote]

Just did it a couple of weeks ago. That is right 4 top 3bottom 2 side. I don't know about anyone else, but I then to the clips off and attached the back to the grill to reattach it to the body.

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
just did mine today, had 5 clips on bottom, the 2 end ones had to go through the honeycomb to get to, 3 in middle between bottom of grill and bumper.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We " got 'r done " boys. Thanks for the pic on the tech page Bixll.. Nissan did that smart just to add.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts