Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What in the Hell could this be? I just found another leaking axle seal and now this? What a day! Please any help would be greatly appreciated. When I come to a complete stop I hear a grinding noise or something similar coming from under the hood. Once I start going again it seems to go away. It does not start right away when I stop but after a few seconds? Could this be some sort of fan issue or AC issue? It almost sounds like a knocking grinding noise but I don’t think it is coming from the motor. If you have any idea of what this could be please let me know.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well after driving around town last knight it is still doing it. I had a budyy ride ith me so I could show him what it was doing. He said that it sounds like a vibration comming from under the hood. It does it while in Drive and with your foot on the brake while stopped at a stand still for longer than a few seconds. This is really bugging me and I am concerned that there might be a bigger issue about to happen here. I aslo tried once the noise started to shift into Neutral while stoped and it seems to make it go away. Waht do I need to do to find what is causing this?

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
First check the electric A/C condenser fan. The bracket that holds it can get loose, and causes a vibration. The fan will come on when the vehicle is stopped.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Mine started out as a failing power steering pump..

Then constant noise. You could actually see the pulley wobble. Then on my way to a date (figure take the nice truck, right?) the PS pump blew. Fluid everywhere. Sucked having to drive a couple weeks without power steering

Check your pulleys. perhaps one going out. Or as SCR said, the condenser fan braket.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.