Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to Steve from www.hopupracing.com we now have an official group buy on headers. Here's what he offered us as ClubTitan members.

Part# 1400S - Stainless Steel JBA Headers
Reg. price - $799
Sale price is $529
Our group buy price is $463!!

Part# 1400SJS - Silver Ceramic Coated SS JBA Headers
Reg. price - $999
Sale Price - $679
Our group buy price is $601!!

Part# 1400SJT - Titanium Ceramic Coated SS JBA Headers.
Reg. price - $999
Sale price - $679
Our group buy price is $601!!

You can get more information about these headers on their site at http://www.hopupracing.com/exhaustheaders65.html

Let's try to do this within 10 days and then we'll finalize this group buy. Just reply to this post if your interested and will commit to buying a set of these headers from Steve.

A big thanks to Steve for doing this for us, now let's see how many people we can get to join this group buy......

EDIT: One more thing I forgot to add is these prices do not include shipping. Steve will work out a deal on shipping as well.

ME FIRST!!!!

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
are these headers for sure a true bolt up? it says so in the info, but i thought the jba headers were a cut and weld type. if they are a bolt up this is an awesome deal

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a good question smoke because contrary to what all the ads say, these DO require welding. I would have to say that the descriptions that vendors use are generic and supplied by the manufacturer because every ad I've read says they are bolt on, of which they aren't. Welding is required!!

I read an article in Trucking magazine last summer that did a test on these headers with a Hemi, it showed the whole process of installing them along with before and after dynos. If my memory serves me correct, by adding headers alone the hemi went from 247hp to 265 at the rear wheels. Not too shabby of a gain for a simple set of shorty headers.

I'm hoping these things put me solidly over the 300hp mark, not a spike but as an average after it's good and hot!!!! You know I can't wait to get them on and head back to the dyno!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
would these also fit the '04 Armada?

if so, i just may have to consider this GB!

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MacFly said:

I'll e-mail Steve and ask him but I would think they would. Let me get it verified though first.

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK all, what's the scoop?? I know it's only been a few days but I was under the impression there was a fair amount of people here that wanted headers. At least that's what I've been reading. Am I going to be the only one, except for maybe macfly???

Your going to hate to see my dyno numbers after I install these things and then remember you missed out on the group buy.... 8)

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
man i'd love to get in on this buy, but im taken my truck to get rear bumper painted same color as truck so there goes my cash flow. im waiting for a bolt up set of long tube headers before i get some :?

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MacFly said:

Ok, I just got a response from Steve, here it is.

Hi - It has not been test fitted on an armada so there is no definite gurantee. That is what i was told. I think it should fit fine though.

-Steve
Hop Up Racing

EDIT: Macfly, if you want send me some pics and we'll compare what yours looks like. I need a fairly close-up pic of each side of your engine looking down towards the exhaust manifolds, then I need a pic from under the truck as well looking forward towards your cats right about where the trans. is. Just send me these and we'll compare it to what mine looks like, I bet they are nearly identical.

·
Registered
177 Posts
J.T. I'm in...

I can't stand waiting for Nismo headers...

Were waiting for enough...

Which ones do you recommend?

Which ones do you plan on getting?

Thanks for setting this up...

Mike

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Finn, I've got some news of the weird for you and everyone else that has followed this group buy thread. A member over on TT e-mailed me last night and informed me that truckperformance is having a huge blow-out sale right now on these headers. And if you guessed that they are selling them cheaper than our group buy sponsor, you would be right!! I e-mailed Steve @ hopupracing late last night and asked him what he intended on doing about this rather odd situtaion. I probably won't hear anything back from him until Monday, but when I do I'll let you all know.

If they can't do any better then what has been offered, then I probably will end this group buy and buy a set a ceramic SS headers from truckperformance for $459!!!. The sale ends this Wed. the 19th so hopefully Steve will get back with me ASAP and let me know what's going to happen.

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
They are good to deal with also! I got my flares from them much cheaper then anyone else had them! Very fast shipping!

·
Registered
177 Posts
JetTech said:
Hey Finn, I've got some news of the weird for you and everyone else that has followed this group buy thread. A member over on TT e-mailed me last night and informed me that truckperformance is having a huge blow-out sale right now on these headers. And if you guessed that they are selling them cheaper than our group buy sponsor, you would be right!! I e-mailed Steve @ hopupracing late last night and asked him what he intended on doing about this rather odd situtaion. I probably won't hear anything back from him until Monday, but when I do I'll let you all know.

If they can't do any better then what has been offered, then I probably will end this group buy and buy a set a ceramic SS headers from truckperformance for $459!!!. The sale ends this Wed. the 19th so hopefully Steve will get back with me ASAP and let me know what's going to happen.
Thanks guys...

BiXLL said:
They are good to deal with also! I got my flares from them much cheaper then anyone else had them! Very fast shipping!

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
I'm new to this mod game, so forgive my hesitance. I read on other Titan forums that long tube headers would be better for our trucks.

I've also read that some have picked up some nice gains due to the JBA headers while others have not. Does anyone know of people that have dynosheets of the JBA headers installed?

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well all, I hate to do this but I'm going to end this group buy on headers due to bad timing on my part.

I haven't heard anything back from Steve at hopupracing as to his response about the blow-out sale going on right now at truckperformance. It's no fault of his because I know he's really busy. He has genrously offered to do other group buys for us here at clubtitan, of which I'll get the details from him hopefully this week. I believe he mentioned the K&N CAI's as well as other cool products!!

I would like to thank Steve for doing this and hopefully other group buys for us in the future!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts