Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I JUST WANT TO LEVEL MY TITAN, DON'T WANT TO SLAM IT.
IF YOU KNOW ANYWHERE'S THAT SELLS THEM LET ME KNOWN.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah your truck looks sweeet, did it mess up the comfort of your ride

·
Registered
893 Posts
PHILL said:
Yeah your truck looks sweeet, did it mess up the comfort of your ride
No, not at all. The rear feels like the stock ride and the front is maybe a little bit stiffer.

·
Banned
1,478 Posts
De-Arch?

How did they do this? Change shackles, pull a leaf or with a blow torch?

If they use a torch, I'd be concerned about loss of heat-treatment and possible failure of the spring downstream. If they pull a leaf, then your load capacity is affected.

Perhaps someone makes a kit that is engineered to do it and still conserve load capacity. I know Ground Force has a kit in progress for release this fall and there may be others.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Re: De-Arch?

rdfeatherstone said:
How did they do this? Change shackles, pull a leaf or with a blow torch?

If they use a torch, I'd be concerned about loss of heat-treatment and possible failure of the spring downstream. If they pull a leaf, then your load capacity is affected.

Perhaps someone makes a kit that is engineered to do it and still conserve load capacity. I know Ground Force has a kit in progress for release this fall and there may be others.
Tortured springs??? My gosh no!! :lol: :lol: :lol: The leafs were de-arched and shortened so shackle position stays the same. This was done at a reputable shop. You can't use shackles because it will hit the body.

·
Registered
893 Posts
kytitan said:
You can use shakles, I know of at least 2 people at tt that used them. :D
Modified shackles will only go down safely 1 inch. You can go a little lower, but the bed will be riding on it. With my mod you can do up to 4 inches if you want with no compromises.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
m95roadster said:
kytitan said:
You can use shakles, I know of at least 2 people at tt that used them. :D
Modified shackles will only go down safely 1 inch. You can go a little lower, but the bed will be riding on it. With my mod you can do up to 4 inches if you want with no compromises.
Yeah your 4" drop is sweet. I think they lowerd thiers 1 1/2" or 2" don't remeber foresure. I'll go dig up the thread and post a link. :D

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
does the leaf spring company go the oposite way with the springs also, to get some lift from springs and not blocks? 20 bucks would be worth some lifted springs.

·
Registered
893 Posts
SMOKEDYA2 said:
does the leaf spring company go the oposite way with the springs also, to get some lift from springs and not blocks? 20 bucks would be worth some lifted springs.
Yup, that's what they mostly do is lifted trucks. BTW, it was $200 not $20. www.nationalsprings.com

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
m95roadster said:
SMOKEDYA2 said:
Yup, that's what they mostly do is lifted trucks. BTW, it was $200 not $20. www.nationalsprings.com
oops that was a typo :oops:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts