Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:( My Titan was broken into yesterday and I thought I would post a warning to others regarding, what I view, as a flaw in the design of the driver's-side door. The thieves gained access by popping off the plastic cover around the keyhole on the driver's- side door. They pried up the metal above the keyhole and inserted a tool of some kind through the opening. Manipulating this tool they were able to open both windows on the front doors, thereby achieving alarm-free access to the vehicle by not opening a door. I am worried that this is common-knowledge on the street and may be the first of many, relatively easy, break-ins.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Sorry to hear you were victimized. Having had a car stolen under my nose a few years ago I know you must feel fairly ticked off. Yours is the first story I have heard about that with the Titan, but I have heard about the problem on other types of vehicles that have a similar express window down feature when the key is turned in the lock. The rear sliding window on a lot of trucks can also be popped out with little or some effort to gain access (although limited to the size of the window). I try not to leave anything in the truck that would tempt someone to break in it, but a motivated car thief is hard to stop.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have heard of this being used on the chevy silverado trucks.Were theres A will theres A way.
I also heard there is alot of thieves stealing the tailgates so keep them locked.
Sorry to hear about your break in that really sucks..

·
Registered
33 Posts
No matter what engineers come up with thieves will find a way around it.
This is the reason I installed a video surveylance system on my property.
Easier to prosucute with video footage... if you want to prosecute :wink: . In any case you know who it was on your property, what time it was and what they did.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts